Elements in Honkai: Star Rail Explained
Honkai: Star Rail is one of the most successful video game launches of 2023 with so many players in the RPG (role-palying games) community already praising the game. There are different characters to choose from in Honkai: Star Rail and each one of them have different powers. When you go into battle, you will quickly realize that there are several considerations and one such criteria is the Element. Elements in Honkai: Star Rail are basically a characters’ damage type.
Here’s everything you need to know about elements in Honkai: Star Rail.
All Elements in Honkai: Star Rail and the effects
Honkai: Star Rail provide the characters with elementAl damage for their attacks. One can use particular elemental characters to their advantage to place damaging effects on enemies. Keep in mind that there is a system called Weakness Break. Th Break Effect causes the enemy to become susceptible to attacks and status effects and take increased damage.
Here’s a breakdown of a battle scenario:
You use a character’s element against an enemy’s weakness (could be one or more elemental weakness)
You will deplete that enemy's Toughness bar (the white bar above their HP).
Once the Toughness bar is depleted, it will cause a Weakness Break, leaving them even more vulnerable, delaying their next attack, and causing additional effects based on the Element that depleted their Toughness bar.
There are seven elements in Honkai: Star Rail namely Physical, Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Quantum, and Imaginary. They all have their own unique properties and characters associated with them. They are as follows:
1. Physical: Weakness Breaks dealt with physical damage result in a bleeding effect. It deals physical damage over time to an opponent.
Characters: Clara, Natasha, Sushang
2. Fire: This element, as the name suggests deals fire damage. It applies burn effect, dealing fire damage over time.
Characters: Asta, Himeko, Hook
3. Ice: Ice attacks that trigger a Weakness Break temporarily freeze opponents and deal additional Ice damage.
Characters: Gepard, Herta, March 7th, Pela, Yanqing
4. Wind: This element deals Wind damage. It applies the Wind Shear effect, dealing Wind damage over time.
Characters: Blade, Bronya, Dan Heng, Sampo
5. Lightning: Weakness Breaks from Lightning attacks cause enemies to be shocked, dealing additional Lightning for a short period of time.
Characters: Arlan, Bailu, Jing Yuan, Kafka, Serval, Tingyun
6. Quantum: The element deals Quantum damage. It applies Entanglement, delaying the opponent’s turn and dealing Quantum damage over time. If the enemy is hit multiple times, the damage will increase.
Characters: Fu Xuan, Qingque, Seele, Silver Wolf
7. Imaginary: Imaginary attacks causing Weakness Break lead to Imprisonment. The Imprisonment effect delays an enemy’s action and reduces their Speed stats.
Characters: Luocha and Welt