Forev Leaves HOYO in the Middle of SEA 2021 DPC Season 1: Lower Division
- Forev has left HOYO while the team is competing in the SEA 2021 DPC Season 1: Lower Division, citing problems in his personal life as a reason for it.
- However, Forev has stated that if the team ended in a tie-breaker scenario and needed him to play because of Valve rules, he would be ready for it.
- HOYO is currently placed at the number four spot in the points table with one win in three series.
Lee "Forev" Sang-don has communicated through a Twitter post that he is stepping down from the active roster of HOYO while the team is competing in SEA 2021 DPC Season 1: Lower Division. Forev stated that he was taking a break from the first season of the DPC because of problems in his business and personal life. Forev runs a media studio in South Korea, which according to him, has been doing poorly because of the pandemic.
Forev takes a break from competitive Dota 2
Despite communicating that he is taking a break from pro-Dota 2, Forev stated that he would be ready to play for the team if there was a tie-breaker scenario in SEA 2021 DPC Season 1: Lower Division. As per Valve rules, a stand-in can only play a maximum of four series in a particular DPC season.
HOYO that comprises of former Motivate.Trust Gaming and T1 players, was formed before the start of this DPC season as a stack. The team won Open Qualifier #1 and qualified to the Lower Division through Stage 2 of the closed qualifier.
The team’s performance in the Lower Division has been sub par as they are currently placed at the number four spot in the points table with one win in three series. They were able to defeat Yangon Galacticos but fell apart when they faced Cignal Ultra and Omega Esports’ established squads.
HOYO’s roster for the remainder of SEA 2021 DPC Season 1: Lower Division:
- Galvin “Meracle” Kang Jian Wen
- Poomipat “Fearless” Trisiripanit
- Tri “Jhocam” Kuncoro
- Anurat “boombell” Praianun
HOYO is set to play its next series against Galaxy Racer on February 8. The stand-in who will replace the Korean in the remaining four series of the tournament will likely be revealed before this series.