Throughout Wild Rift’s Beta phase, the devs have been keeping an eye out on certain champions breaking the meta and trying to adjust these champions to make way for more diverse gameplay. The devs have finally responded to players’ recent complaints in the latest patch and have finally made changes to a few overpowered champions and items.
Wild Rift Champion Changes
The devs are planning on doing balance patches every two weeks. Sometimes, it takes a few additional patches to collect information and make the right changes that the game needs.
The devs changed Aurelion Sol’s mobility. Now his Starsurge skill no longer gives him extra movement speed.
The passive movement speed of his third skill, ‘Comet of Legend’ has also been reduced from 40% to 20%, but in exchange, he can change direction slowly to reposition himself while flying around the map.
Evelynn is one of the most overpowered mid lakers ever since she received her buffs from the previous patch. Her lane pressure is so high due to his first skill, ‘Hate Spike’ having long-range and an insane DPS. The devs made changes to this to ensure she gives the enemy team a good fighting chance.
These are the changes made to her Hate Spike;
- AP ratio has been reduced from 0.5 to 0.45
- Mana Cost increased from 25/30/35/40 to 30/35/40/45
- Her overall damage to minions has been reduced from 100% at all ranks to 35/40/45/50%
Gragas can win in almost all of his lane trades. His lane pressure is so great, coupled with how tanky he is. The devs made a few adjustments to make it easier to deal with him.
His health per level has been reduced from 125 to 115. His passive’s cooldown has been increased from 7 seconds to 8 seconds.
His first skill, ‘Barrel Roll’ saw slight changes to keep him from clearing lanes very fast;
The mana cost has been increased from 55/60/65/70 to 65/70/75/80
Minion Damage has been decreased from 70% to 50%
Lee Sin has been doing a stellar job at chasing enemies with his first skill, ‘Sonic Wave’, but this is way too much mobility. The devs have now reduced her Sonic Wave’s range from 11 to 10 and reduced its base damage from 60/100/140/180 to 55/90/125/160.
Miss Fortune also received a slight nerf for her skills. The base damage of her first skill, ‘Double Up’ has now been reduced from 60/100/140/180 to 55/90/125/160.
Her second skill, ‘Strut’, also saw a slight decrease in numbers from 40/60/80/100% to 30/50/70/90%.
This nerf should keep her from carelessly going aggressive and make players think more about how they can approach a situation without getting killed.
Shyvana has a lot of damage coming from her kit. The devs have lowered her stats a bit to keep her from being the only viable jungle champion in the game.
These are the changes made to her skills;
- Her base armor has been adjusted from 45 to 40
- The slow coming from the Mountain Dragon Buff on her first skill, ‘Twin Bite’ has now been reduced from 60% to 40%.
- The base damage of her second skill ‘Burnout’ has been reduced from 25/45/65/85 to 25/40/55/70
- Her dragon form from her ultimate skill ‘Dragon’s Descent’ now receives reduced bonus health from the Ocean Dragon Buff from 150/250/350 HP to 100/150/200 HP.
The monkey king is smacked with a nerf due to his overwhelming wave clearing.
These are the changes made to his skills;
- His second skill, ‘Warrior Trickster’ now has a lesser invisibility duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second.
- His second skill, ‘Nimbus Strike’ now has reduced starting stats but gets more significant as he levels up the skill from 35/40/45/50% to 25/35/45/55%
No more marksmen rushing Guardian Angel. The items now have been adjusted to make it a late-game item instead of a very cheap early game item.
- Total cost: 2800G to 3100G
- Combine cost: 400G to 700G
- Attack Damage: 45 to 40
- Revive Cooldown: 180s to 210s
New Champion: Corki
Corki has made his way into Wild Rift and can now be purchased in the shop. This marksman is like no other. He can be played in any lane if you’re brave enough. Be careful because he is a bit hard to play but very diverse if you get the hang of him.
Corki is the fourth champion to be released during the Yordle Expedition Event. There is only one remaining yordle left. Teemo is next in line and will be coming very soon.
With these changes made in Wild Rift, the game should be much more stable than before. There are still a few things missing, like the Role Selection queue, Replay, and Spectator modes, but that will come later.