Along with other yordles like Tristana, Teemo, and Lulu, League of Legends: Wild Rift has released a ninja yordle called Kennen. He is commonly played in the Baron lane and does magic damage and has lots of crowd control. For Kennen, level up (1) Thundering Shuriken at level 1, but max (2) Electrical Surge. After that, prioritize (1) Thundering Shuriken followed by (3) Lightning Rush. Level up Slicing Maelstrom (Ultimate) whenever possible.
The best items to build on Kennen in Wild Rift will maximize his magic damage and CC while giving you some more mobility and health. Build an Infinity Orb and complete your Gluttonous Greaves with a Stasis Enchant and to finish up your Core Item Build will be Liandry’s Torment and Morellonomicon. For boots, you can also build Ionian Boots of Lucidity with Protobelt Enchant instead of Greaves. Finish your build with a Rabadon’s Deathcap which will boost your AP overall. For more slows and utility, build a Rylai's Crystal Scepter.
The best runes for Kennen in Wild Rift are the Conqueror Keystone, followed by the Brutal, Spirit Walker, and Hunter Genius minor runes.
How to play Kennen in Wild Rift
- There are many ways that you can combo Kennen's skills thanks to his passive. Keep in mind that every third ability will stun the target and plan your combo accordingly.
- Lane full combo: (1) Thundering Shuriken -> (2) Electrical Surge -> (3) Lightning Rush
Teamfight combo: (4) Slicing Maelstrom ->(2) Electrical surge
Wave clear combo: (3) Lightning Rush -> (2) Electrical Surge
- Kennen uses energy instead of mana and his passive costs 25 energy. Damaging an enemy with Lightning Rush will give you 40 energy back so use it to max your meter whenever possible. Your max energy is 200.
- In the early game, play safe and focus on farming and trading. Use your ranged basic attacks and (1) Thundering Shuriken to poke down melee enemies from far away.
- Try not to go all-in until you have unlocked Kennen’s ultimate.
- Roam to mid lane or help the jungler to get control of Rift Herald if you start snowballing.
- During teamfights look for a flank and use your teamfight combo to stun the whole team. If your team has more CC, chain them together to overpower your enemy. Don't be afraid to charge in with a flash or protobelt.
- Try to save ultimate, Slicing Maelstrom, during important objectives where the enemy is restricted by walls around jungle camps, Baron and dragons. Note that in the late game, Kennen’s ability to take damage drops significantly. Thus, aim not to be the primary engage/ initiator.