What is COD Mobile Season 5's Release Date
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 5 will launch on June 28, 2021, at 5 PM PDT. The game will require a patch update, which will be available according to schedule. This upcoming season will bring tons of exciting new content for the game, including a new Legendary Character with a dog companion. All seasonal challenges from COD Mobile Season 4 will be removed when Season 5 drops. It is strongly recommended that players finish all the challenges in Season 4 before Season 5 launches. Below are more details about COD Mobile Season 5.
When will COD Mobile Season 5 Start
According to the by Activision, the upcoming COD Mobile Season 5 will officially start on June 28, 2021, at 5 PM PDT. A small patch update will need to be downloaded before players can have access to the new content so make sure you have enough storage space in your device.
Players won’t have to worry about the download size as only the major content such as Battle Pass, cosmetics, and events will need to be downloaded. The new multiplayer maps are optional and can be downloaded at a later date. Alternatively, some multiplayer maps can also be removed to free up more space for the upcoming update.
How to Remove Multiplayer Maps in COD Mobile
Players who have very limited device storage will find it hard to download the upcoming COD Mobile Season 5 update. Fortunately, players can remove a few multiplayer maps that they rarely play with to free up some space. Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can do it;
1. Head to your file manager > Internal Storage > Android > Data, find the “com.activision.callofduty.shooter” folder
2. Head to your ”Files” folder
3. Find the “Puffer” folder
4. Find the “AssetBundle” folder
5. Open the “dynamic” folder then the “module” folder inside it
6. All the files inside the “module” folder are the multiplayer and battle royale maps in the game. Select a few or remove all to free up some space.
7. Open up the game and download the update and redownload the maps you want to play.
You will have to re-download the maps if you want to play with that specific map. There are events that force you to play specific multiplayer or battle royale maps so keep this in mind.