Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.01 Coming Soon: Performance Improvements, Bug Fixes & More
There’s no doubt that Phantom Liberty and the 2.0 Update are the biggest updates to Cyberpunk 2077, but CD Projekt Red is not done with the game yet. The studio has announced 2.01 update is in the works.
According to a recent post on the developer’s website, the Cyberpunk 2.01 update aims to fix the most critical issues plaguing the game and improve performance on all platforms.
Here’s everything you need to know about Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.01.
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.01: Release Date
Despite the fact that CD Projekt Red has already shifted its focus to the next entry in the Cyberpunk Franchise, small improvements will continue to be made to the game. The studio has released patch notes for the first of these small updates.
Patch 2.01, which aims to fix a lot of issues, is likely coming to the game next week. We still don’t have an officially confirmed release date, but the official website has given us a glimpse of what we can expect in this patch.
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.01: What Fixes are Coming?
Patch 2.01 doesn’t add to Cyberpunk 2077 like the game-changing 2.0 Update, but it looks to address two biggest issues players are facing right now: performance in Phantom Liberty’s new area and corrupted data save on PlayStation 5. It’s important to remember that saved files that were corrupted before the patch’s release won’t be fixed.
The 2.01 update will also fix bugs in specific quests, including The Heist and Gig: Breaking News, as well as other visual glitches and UI improvements.
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.01: Patch Notes
Here’s a list of all the fixes and improvements coming with Patch 2.01 –
1. The distorted effect caused by selecting a specific dialogue option when talking to Johnny at the end of ‘Automatic Love’ will no longer persist on the screen.
2. V will no longer die in ‘The Heist’ by falling through the elevator when riding to the 42nd floor with low FPS.
3. Fixed an issue where the UI could show the controller inputs when playing with keyboard and mouse.
4. Made it possible to properly switch to arms cyberware by cycling through weapons.
5. ‘Gig: Breaking News’ will be properly triggered after approaching the quest area.
6. Vehicle radio volume will be adjusted so it’s not too quiet when compared to other sounds in the game.
7. Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.
And that’s everything you need to know about Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.01. Be sure to follow us, as we’ll keep you posted on the latest Cyberpunk 2077 news and guides.