Skem Moves to Position 6 Role in OB.Neon Esports
- Skem, the captain of OB.Neon’s Dota 2 roster, has been reassigned to the position 6 role so he can focus on recovering from his medical condition.
- OB.Neon did not talk about skem's medical condition but believes that this change in his active playing status will keep stress and pressure at bay, allowing him to speedily recover.
- Filipino player, Raging Potato is likely to fill in for Skem in OB.Neon’s coming matches.
Skem, the captain of OB.Neon’s Dota 2 roster, has been reassigned to the position 6 role so he can focus on recovering from his medical condition. OB.Neon did not mention the medical problems that Rolen Andrei Gabriel "Skem" Ong is going through but believes that this change in his active playing status will keep stress and pressure at bay, allowing him to speedily recover. Despite the captain’s switch to the sixth player, he will continue to be involved in the team’s “coaching and drafting.” Filipino player, Ryan "Raging Potato" Jay Qui is likely to fill in for Skem in OB.Neon’s coming matches.
Skem becomes the sixth player for OB.Neon after medical issues
OB.Neon hilariously, in a reply to its own statement, clarified by using the term “pizza party” that it was not parting ways with Skem while also wishing him a quick recovery.
Though OB.Neon did not officially announce the stand-in, Filipino veteran, Raging Potato was seen playing as the team’s offlaner in its series against Lilgun in the BTS Pro Series. Raging Potato has previously had a short stand-in stint with OB.Neon when he played for them for a couple of weeks in 2020.
Following the statement, PlayHard also faced some internet problems, so Skem had to step in as the position four player against Lilgun.
OB.Neon’s roster going forward into the BTS Pro series and the Moon Studio Asian Showdown is likely to be:
- John Anthony "Natsumi-" Vargas
- Erin Jasper "Yopaj" Ferrer
- Ryan "Raging Potato" Jay Qui
- Prieme Ejay "PlayHard" Banquil
- Jaunuel "Jaunuel" Arcilla
As of now, OB.Neon has not specified a date on when Skem will be able to play again, but it's likely that he will become a part of the team’s active lineup for the upcoming TI10 SEA qualifiers.
The fact that OB.Neon is currently 12th on the TI10 direct invite rankings means that they are likely to be overtaken by the teams below them that are competing at the WePlay AniMajor. From June 30 to July 3, 2021, the SEA qualifiers for TI10 will be held. This will be the final opportunity for SEA teams competing to book a place at The International 10.