Top DPC Upper Division Matches to Watch in Week 5
- From May 11-17, 2021, we'll be treated to some of the most exciting Dota 2 games in the entire league, as Major spots and pride are on the line for these top teams.
- In China, SEA, Europe and NA, it is going to be a battle for the qualification for the Major while in the CIS, Virtus.pro and Team Spirit - two teams who have already guaranteed themselves a spot, are going to brawl for supremacy.
- Here are some of the top DPC Upper Division series to look out for in week 5.
As we enter the fifth week of the 2021 DPC Season 2: Upper Division, Dota 2 fans are gearing up for some top tier matchups. From May 11-17, 2021, we'll be treated to some of the most exciting Dota 2 games in the entire league, as Major spots and pride are on the line for these top teams. In China, SEA, Europe and NA, it is going to be a battle for the qualification for the Major while in the CIS, Virtus.pro and Team Spirit - two teams who have already guaranteed themselves a spot, are going to brawl for supremacy. Here are some of the top DPC Upper Division series to look out for in week 5.
The Best 2021 DPC Season 2: Upper Division Series to Watch in Week 5
Fnatic vs T1 (SEA)
Fnatic and T1 didn't have the best starts to their DPC Season campaign as they were beaten by teams like Execration and Omega Esports. The two teams seem to have found their groove recently and are entering the series on a high note. While T1 has two wins on the trot and sits on the third spot in the DPC 2021: SEA Upper Division S2, Fnatic is on a three-series winning streak and occupies the second spot.
For both teams, this series is crucial since their other matchups include OB.Neon and TNC Predator. Regardless of the result, the winner stands a good chance of pushing itself up the points table.
When to watch - May 12, 2021, at 6:00 PM SGT
Where to watch - PGL’s official Twitch channel
Fnatic vs OB.Neon (SEA)
Week 5 of the SEA 2021 DPC Upper Division means double trouble for Fnatic as they are also going to be up against OB.Neon. OB.Neon also suffered a surprising loss against Execration, and is currently ranked sixth with two wins in four series. In a recent interview, Skem revealed that the team had become complacent, but said they had started to get rid of that attitude after the loss to Execration.
So Fnatic is definitely going to have a tough challenge when they take on OB.Neon later this week.
- When to watch - May 13, 2021, at 6:00 PM SGT
- Where to watch - PGL’s official Twitch channel
Virtus.pro vs Team Spirit (CIS)
It will be a battle between Virtus.pro and Team Spirit to determine who will take the top spot in the CIS region. Both teams are undefeated with five wins in five series. While Virtus.pro has once again proven its might by smashing all its opponents, Team Spirit has looked clean, crisp and coordinated in their performances so far.
The match which takes place on Friday will be the first true test for Team Spirit.
- When to watch - May 14, 2021, at 12:00 AM SGT
- Where to watch - ESL Dota 2’s official Twitch channel
Evil Geniuses vs Undying, Evil Geniuses vs Quincy Crew (NA)
Evil Geniuses, Quincy Crew and Undying are once again involved in a tri-battle for the two Major slots allocated to NA. This is a repeat of the first season where Evil Geniuses and Quincy Crew had eventually prevailed. Now, Evil Geniuses will be initially facing Undying in the fifth week followed by a weekend series against Quincy Crew.
All three teams are currently undefeated and have been clinical in their victories in the tournament so far. Since all three teams look to be equally matched, considering their recent form and the quality of the players they have on board, these two matches are expected to be quite competitive. So, whoever comes out on top in this week of the DPC will likely qualify for the upcoming Major.
- When to watch Evil Geniuses vs Undying - May 14, 2021, at 3:00 AM SGT
- When to watch Evil Geniuses vs Quincy Crew - May 17, 2021, at 6:00 AM SGT
- Where to watch - BeyondtheSummit’s official Twitch channel
OG vs Team Nigma (EU)
OG vs Team Nigma has been considered one of the most exciting matches to watch ever since the TI9 finals. Both teams are currently in a similar shape as they have shown signs of brilliance in a few series while also looking completely sloppy at other times. They are in a similar position in the points table, sitting in third place with three wins in five series. This series will be vital for both teams as neither boasts of enough DPC points at the moment to directly qualify for TI10. A win in this series will bolster the winner’s chances of finishing high and securing a Major slot which in turn could be the key to secure a spot at TI10.
- When to watch - May 16, 2021, at 3:00 AM SGT
- Where to watch - DreamLeague’s official Twitch channel
PSG.LGD vs Elephant (China)
Fy and his teammates will be up against their former team, PSG.LGD, in the very competitive Chinese DPC. Currently, PSG.LGD and Elephant are tied at the number two spot with three wins and two losses. PSG.LGD look to be in comparatively better form, considering their impressive performances in the concurrent i-League 2021. However, Elephant, with all the stars they have on deck, is always going to be a tough competitor.
- When to watch - May 16, 2021, at 6:00 PM SGT
- Where to watch - Perfect World’s official Twitch channel