Dota 2 Patch 7.29 and New Hero Dawnbreaker Announced
- Dawnbreaker, a melee Strength hero that has the ability to crush her enemies with a hammer, is the 121st addition to the long list of Dota 2 heroes.
- A new Water Power Rune, changes to the gold and experience, the addition of Hoodwink to Captain’s Mode and the removal from Necronomicon are some of the major highlights of this patch.
- Let us dig deeper into the new 7.29 patch and the new hero, Dawnbreaker.
The all-new Dota 2 hero and patch 7.29 have finally been unveiled by Valve in its update on April 10, 2021. Valora, the ‘Dawnbreaker,’ a melee Strength hero that has the ability to crush her enemies with a hammer, is the 121st addition to the long list of Dota 2 heroes. Along with Dawnbreaker, Valve has also introduced a host of changes to the general aspects of the game that include the map and the economy and has also unveiled a brand new Water Rune. In addition, items, including the general and the neutral ones, have received updates while heroes, primarily their Scepters and Shards, have also been hit with the Nerf and Buff hammer.
Let us dig deeper into the new 7.29 patch and the new hero, Dawnbreaker.
New Dota 2 Hero Revealed - Dawnbreaker
Dawnbreaker has been deemed as a melee durable carry hero that has Strength as its primary attribute. She has an impressive base attack damage of 62-66 and an acceptable base armor and movement speed of 3.3 and 315 respectively. Here is a look at Dawnbreaker’s four abilities.
Starbreaker is similar to Axe’s Counter Helix but Dawnbreaker only spins three times when the spell is pressed and in the end, she stuns the area in front of her with the hammer.
Dawnbreaker whirls her hammer around 3 times, damaging enemies with her attack plus bonus damage. On the final strike, she smashes her hammer down, stunning and damaging enemies in front of her.
Celestial Hammer is similar to Magnus’ Shockwave as she throws the Hammer towards a targeted location that damages enemies along the way. Additionally, the Hammer returns as well as it leaves a line of fire that slows enemies.
Dawnbreaker hurls her weapon at a target, damaging enemies struck along the way. The hammer pauses for 2.0 seconds at the destination before flying back to her, leaving a trail of fire that slows enemies. Dawnbreaker can recall the hammer at any time, pulling her towards it so they meet in the middle.
Luminosity is similar to Slardar’s Bash of the Deep. Dawnbreaker deals a critical hit after three attacks that also heals allies in an area.
After 3 attacks, Dawnbreaker powers up, charging her next attack with a critical hit that heals all allied heroes within 650 units around her for a portion of attack damage dealt. Creeps and neutral enemies provide less healing. Allies are healed for 35% of the amount.
Solar Guardian is similar to Zeus’ Thundergod Wraith but Dawnbreaker, instead of just dealing from her location, teleports from there to the targeted location.
Dawnbreaker creates a pulsing effect at a location within 350 units of an allied hero anywhere on the map, damaging enemies and healing allies with each pulse. After a short duration, she flies to the target location, dealing additional damage and stunning enemies upon landing. Once channeled, Dawnbreaker cannot stop the ability.
Patch 7.29 - Major Changes to the map, economy, items and heroes
This ‘balance focused’ patch 7.29 has brought in a multitude of changes to various aspects of the game. A new Water Power Rune, changes to the gold and experience, the addition of Hoodwink to Captain’s Mode and the removal from Necronomicon are some of the highlights of this patch.
- Terrain updated with various changes
- Added Water Power Rune. Spawns at both Power Rune locations only at minute 2 and 4. Instantly restores 100 health and 80 mana when used. Can be used to fill bottles. Starting at 6 minutes, Power Runes spawn as usual on one side.
- Added +2 Attributes leveling for up to 7 times (for the 7 empty levels from 1-26), and can be leveled in any order (via clicking on the talent tree circle). They will automatically be leveled if there are no other options available.
- Level 30 no longer grants all remaining talents. Instead level 27/28/29/30 will grant you the remaining level 10/15/20/25 talents
- Outposts no longer give XP at the 10/20/30/etc minute mark
- Outposts now provide XPM while controlled (XP = 2*Minute). No extra XP granted when controlling two outposts, similar to the existing rules.
- Compared to the previous version at 10/20/30/40 minutes, total XP given per player changed from 150/500/1050/1800 to 110/420/930/1640.
- The XP is provided on the minute mark
- The amount you get for each minute at the start is 2/4/6/8/10/12/14/16/18/20 for minutes 1 through 10
- Bounty Runes after the initial set are reduced by 10%
- Bounty Runes no longer spawn in the river. The amount these runes gave is now provided automatically over time through GPM.
- Bounty Runes now spawn every 3 minutes in the respective jungle area (total rune count reduced from 4 to 2)
- Bounty Runes no longer disappear when new ones spawn, they now spawn alongside the previous one if it isn't picked up
- At minute 0, Bounty Runes spawn in the jungle and at the power rune locations (4 total at the start of the game)
- Various cast ranges and movement speed talents/items/abilities have been replaced or toned down (these are included in-line with the item and hero sections below)
- Hero kill assist gold now adjusted based on the relative NW difference between the two teams. For example, if your team is down 5,000 gold and the enemy has 50,000 total net worth, your assist gold will be worth 10% more.
- Heroes now start the game with 1 TP scroll rather than 3
- Heroes now gain 1 TP scroll on death
- TP Scroll cost increased from 90 to 100
- Heroes with 1.0 turn rate now have 0.9 turn rate
- Heroes with 0.5 turn rate now have 0.6 turn rate
- Turn rate effect on time to turn improved by 20%
- Aghanim's Scepter: Roshan drop now requires you to activate it to consume it (has no effect until consumed)
- Aghanim's Shard: Now drops on the second Roshan kill, and only that one (has same activation mechanics as the Scepter drop)
- Increase building teleportation range from 575 to 800 (affects TP scrolls and Boots of Travel)
- Outpost teleport base channel time reduced from 6 to 5 seconds
- Outpost vision reduced from 700 to 500
- Captains Mode initial picking phase changed from 1st-2nd-1st-2nd to 1st-2nd-2nd-1st
- Hoodwink added to Captains Mode
- Couriers no longer have vision when inside Roshan's pit
- Wards can now be denied from full health by any allied player if the ward is placed in a spawn camp box
- Ancient neutral creeps armor increased by 1 (except for the Ancient Golems)
- Neutral Items now fly towards the killing hero, rather than spawning under the dead unit
- Hero ban count for matchmaking increased by 6 (still chance-based)
- Buyback cost reduced from 200 + NetWorth/12 to 200 + NetWorth/13
- Courier respawn time reduced from 60 + 7*Level to 60 + 6*Level
- Backdoor protection damage reduction increased from 40% to 50%
- Hero-to-hero item transfer range increased from 150 to 300
- Tree respawn interval reduced from 5 to 3 minutes
- The following abilities no longer destroy trees: Earth Splitter, Mortimer Kisses, Meteor Hammer, Macropyre.
- Reduced the radius of tree destruction on the following abilities: Wild Axes, Gust, Power Cogs, Vacuum, Fire Remnant, Relocate, Tether, Blinding Light, Skewer, Doppelganger, Telekinesis, Firesnap Cookie, Spit Out, Spider Legs, Blast Off!, Toss, Snowball, Powershot, Will-O-Wisp.
Unfortunately for the Spectre hero fans, Valve is yet to announce the purple hero's Arcana. With the new hero and patch getting unveiled, Valve might give a release date for the Spectre Arcana in the coming days.