Kyle Warns DPC Players About Roster Changes With No Open Qualifiers for TI10
- Dota 2 commentator/analyst, Kyle, has warned Dota 2 professional players about the roster change rules of the 2021 DPC Season.
- Highlighting the intricacies of the roster lock system and the fact that there are no open qualifiers for TI10, Kyle has asked teams and players to be very sure and decisive about their roster change decisions.
- Free agents like RAMZES666, SumaiL, 23savage, iLTW, and even ana essentially have only a month to build/ find a team to stand a chance to qualify for TI10.
Kyle, one of the more vocal personalities in the Dota 2 esports scene, has warned professional players about the roster change rules of the 2021 DPC Season. In a blog, Kyle "Kyle" Freedman, stated that the players need to understand the intricacies of the current DPC system’s roster lock system as there are no open qualifiers for TI10. The 2021 DPC Season 2 which is scheduled to begin in April 2021, is effectively the only pathway to TI10. So he requested players and teams to be sure and decisive with their roster changes, to provide everybody with the required time to find new squads and players.
Kyle puts forward his opinion regarding the TI qualification scenario of the 2021 DPC Season
Kyle believes that this is the most critical month of 2021 for about 95% of the professional Dota 2 players considering the TI10 qualification format of the 2021 DPC Season.
|DPC Schedule||Dates (2021)|
|Qualifier for the 2021 DPC Season 1||Jan 4 - Jan 13|
|2021 DPC Season 1 (Regional Leagues)||Jan 18 - Feb 28|
|First Major (ONE Esports Dota 2 Singapore Major)||Mar 27 - Apr 4|
|Qualifier for the 2021 DPC Season 2||TBA|
|2021 DPC Season 2 (Regional Leagues)||Apr 13 - May 23|
|Second Major (To be announced)||Jun 2 - Jun 13|
- There are no open qualifiers for TI this year. TI Regional qualifiers will be held in every region. The participants will be the teams competing in the 2021 DPC Season 2.
- After April 7, 2021, at 4:00 AM SGT, teams in the DPC will no longer be able to drop players before Season 2. After Season 2 ends on May 23, 2021, teams in the Regional Leagues can change their rosters until June 16, 2021, at 4:00 AM SGT. So players in the regional leagues may be dropped from their teams, missing their chance at a shot at TI.
- So, Kyle has asked these teams to make any type of required roster changes beforehand so that the removed player gets enough buffer to find a new team. Also, since there is not enough room to join a team after roster locks are implemented, any player who wishes to leave his team should do it now and then build and commit to a new team for the whole of the 2021 DPC Season 2.
"If replaced during/after Season 2 of the DPC your only chance of playing in the qualifiers for TI would be to continue the circle of suck and take someone else’s spot on a previously qualified team.”
He even advised everyone to write this into their contracts.
The top 12 teams in the 2021 DPC will get a direct invite to TI10. 16 teams play in the DPC league of each of the six regions of EU, NA, SA, CIS, China, and SEA (eight in Upper + eight in Lower Division). So, out of a total of 96 teams competing in the 2021 DPC Season 2, 12 will get a direct invite, while the remaining 84 teams will compete for just six spots.
Free agents like RAMZES666, SumaiL, 23savage, iLTW, and even ana will have to essentially find or build a team in the next one month and win the open qualifiers of the Lower Division in their respective regions and then have any chances of reaching TI10. If they fail to do so, the only way to stand a chance to compete for the lion’s share of the $40 million TI is to take someone’s place in a team that has qualified for the regional qualifiers after the conclusion of the 2021 DPC Season 2.