Newbee Responds to Allegations About Match Fixing
- Newbee respects but denies the allegations laid against it by the CDA and ImbaTV.
- The club denies that it had participated in fake matches or gambling activities with the club.
- It will file an appeal against the Blacklist.
After the ImbaTV and the Chinese Dota 2 Professional Association (CDA) blacklisted Newbee from competing in Chinese tournaments,
The club made a statement on its official Weibo account stating that it would appeal the decision.
A summary of Newbee’s statement:
- Understands and respects CDA’s decision.
- Denies that it had participated in fake matches or gambling activities with the club
- Will file an appeal against the penalty imposed by CDA.
“We express our understanding and respect for the CDA alliance’s decision. However, since the establishment of the Newbee eSports club, it has never participated in any fake matches and gambling activities with the club or branch as the main body. We will file an appeal for the penalty of the CDA alliance regarding the Newbee eSports club.”
Newbee’s players are yet to make a statement on these allegations at the time of writing.