Newbee and its players have since been banned from Valve events.
- Newbee has been Blacklisted from Chinese Dota 2 competitions for matchfixing.
- Chinese organizations ImbaTV and CDA have confirmed this on their social media handles and has banned the Newbee organization and the 5 Dota 2 players who took part in matchfixing.
- The matchfix likely took place at the SL Minor Chinese Qualifiers.
Former TI champions, Chinese organisation Newbee has reportedly been blacklisted from all competitions in China including Tier 1 tournaments like the DPL-CDA Professional League and Imba Pro League for matchfixing.
This was revealed by Kyle "Kyle" Freedman in a Tweet made earlier today.
Kyle added that this was likely in response to their match against Avengers in the StarLadder ImbaTV Dota 2 Minor Qualifiers.
Both ImbaTV and Chinese Dota 2 Professional Association (CDA) have issued statements confirming the same.
(Click to Expand Image)
Summary of the statements:
- Newbee is no longer a member of the CDA and will be prohibited from playing in tournaments hosted by CDA and the Dota 2 Professional League (DPL).
- All 5 players who were playing in the team during the match-fixing incident will also be banned.
- The evidence that lead to these bans have been shared with Valve.
Newbee’s playing roster at the time of the StarLadder ImbaTV Dota 2 Minor Qualifiers featured:
- Xu "Moogy" Han
- Yin "Aq" Rui
- Wen "Wizard" Lipeng
- Yan "Waixi" Chao
- Zeng "Faith" Hongda
The Newbee organization won the International 4 and placed second in the International 7. One of their players, Faith won the International 2 under the Invictus Gaming banner.