Jio and MediaTek have come together to launch Gaming Masters, an esports event targeted at new and existing online gaming enthusiasts in India. This massive 70-day esports tournament comes just days after the successful completion of JioGames’ first event 'India ka Gaming Champion'. Registrations for Free Fire Gaming Masters started yesterday, on 29th December and will go on till 9th January 2021. The prize pool for the tournament is INR 12,50,000.
While the tournament is open to all Jio and non-Jio users, players will need to be registered on the JioGames portal.
Format Of Free Fire Gaming Masters
- The tournament will start on 13th January and go on till 7th March 2021 and happen in 3 stages.
- Stage 1 called DUOS will feature 2 rounds of qualifiers running for 32 days with each day running as a daily qualifier and qualifier finale.
- 3 teams will qualify for the playoffs from each day and Round 3 will host playoffs.
- A total of 20 teams will qualify from the playoffs and into the finals.
- Stage 2 of Gaming Masters will be SOLOS. This has a similar format to Stage 1 but after SOLO playoffs, the top 8 will qualify and form teams of two.
- Stage 3 of the tournament will feature the top 20 teams from the DUOS stage and top 4 teams from SOLOS.
- The grand finals will see these 24 teams battle it out over 7 maps:
Players for the tournament can register here. Gaming Masters is an attempt by Jio to engage the grassroots of Free FIre. The entire tournament will be broadcast live on JioTV HD Esports Channel and YouTube.