Activision offers players the option to link a PlayStation, Xbox Live, Steam, and Battle.net account to their Activision account. One of the benefits of linked accounts is the ability to log in to an account with one of your linked first-party platform accounts. For example, suppose you forgot the password to your Activision account or no longer have access to the email address associated with your account. In that case, you can log in to your Activision account using the credentials for a linked PlayStation, Xbox Live, Steam, or Battle.net account to update your password or change your email address. This service is especially useful if your account password gets changed without your knowledge.
While Activision accounts also offer players exclusive rewards and give them access to the latest intel for the Call of Duty franchise, some players prefer to unlink their account in COD Mobile.
Unlinking Platform Accounts From Activision Account
Players may unlink individual platform accounts from an Activision account once every 12 months. To unlink your Activision account follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Activision account.
- In the ACCOUNT LINKING section, find the account you wish to unlink and select UNLINK.
Please note: Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and Warzone game progress, purchases, and earned content are stored on Activision accounts, not platform accounts and will not carry over to other platform accounts.
- Check the confirmation box and select CONTINUE.
If you wish to unlink an account due to a lost password or an email account you can no longer access, follow the steps below to reset the password or email address for your Activision account.
- Go to the Activision account login page.
- Choose the platform account you wish to use to log in, and you'll be redirected to the platform's login page.
- Log in to your platform account, and you'll be redirected back to the Activision website.
- Hover over your Display Name at the top of the page and select BASIC INFO.
- Select EDIT next to your password.
- Enter a new password, reenter the same password, then select SAVE.
- In the pop-up, select the same platform you chose in Step 2.
- Return to BASIC INFO and select EDIT next to the email address.
- Enter a valid email address you can access and select SAVE.
- In the pop-up, enter your new password from Step 6.
You can register for an account using an existing gaming account with PlayStation, Xbox, Steam, or Blizzard. When registering with a gaming account, you will be taken to the gaming network's website to verify your login information.