League of Legends’ most loved and hated yordle Teemo is now available for players to buy or earn. For Wild Rift, the champion’s kit has had a mini rework, with Poison Dart now becoming Teemo’s passive ability, while Guerilla Warfare is a new ability that acts similarly to Teemo’s PC passive Camouflage. Maximize his (1) Blinding Dart, followed by (3) Guerilla Warfare, and finally, Move Quick. Put a point in his ultimate Noxious Trap whenever possible.
Teemo is a mage who deals maximum magic damage with his poison. Play him in Baron lane and look to build AP items like Liandry’s Torment which gives you the Torment passive. Nashor’s tooth is also great for increasing your attack speed and giving you a little extra AP. Add Glutenous Greaves as boots. These are your core items, follow these up with Rabadon’s Deathcap and Void Staff to maximize AP and magic penetration. Build an Infinity Orb for some health, AP and its unique passive Inevitable Demise which will add ability crit for 20% bonus damage against enemies below 35% Health.
The best runes for Teemo in Wild Rift is the Grasp of the Undying Keystone, followed by the Brutal, Spirit Walker, and Hunter Genius minor runes.
How to play Teemo in Wild Rift
- Due to the change in his passive, every basic attack now deals poison and AP damage so look to increase your attack speed and AP to dish out more damage per second.
- In Baron lane, save his Blinding Dart for when enemies engage on you as it blocks incoming damage.
- His single target-focused ability kit means he won’t have much of an impact in teamfights. His mushrooms provide some decent damage and slow enemies but players will have to plan ahead to set them up.
- Teemo’s lack of area of effect engages and CC means he will either have to stay back in teamfights or flank with Move Quick. Use him to clean up after teamfights or split push.
- With enough attack speed and damage, Teemo could be used to split push lanes as (2) Move Quick and (3) Guerilla Warfare will allow him to make a quick escape in case enemies come to the lane looking for him. Move Quick now also allows him to roll a short distance before gaining a burst of movement speed.
- Narrow passages in the jungle and typical jungle paths are a good place to set up his mushrooms, forcing enemies to steer clear of going on adventures in the jungle.
Teemo joins Wild Rift after a long wait
Teemo has finally arrived in Wild Rift, following the addition of four other yordle champions including Tristana, Lulu and Corki. If you miss the opportunity to earn these champions as a reward from the event they will still be available for purchase inside the in-game store for the cost of 5,500 Blue Motes or 725 Wild Cores. Teemo is released with Cottontail Teemo and Little Devil Teemo skins.