After weeks of teasing his arrival, Teemo will be one of the five yordle champs to be introduced to Wild Rift in patch 2.0. While the other yordle champs are quite close to their PC counterparts, Teemo has a few ability changes which can potentially make him very OP in Wild Rift. In this article, we take a look at the ability changes in Teemo’s abilities and why he could be OP.
Teemo’s Abilities In Wild Rift
Why Wild Rift Teemo Will Be Overpowered
- Teemo’s first ability, called Blinding Dart, is very similar to his PC version and so is his ultimate Noxious Trap. However, his passive on the PC version, called Guerilla Warfare has been swapped with Toxic Shot and been shifted to his 3rd ability.
- While in League PC, players have the dilemma or either levelling up his Q or E first. In Wild Rift, thanks to his E becoming the new passive, players will want to max (1) Blinding Dart.
- With Teemo’s passive in Wild Rift now being Toxic Shot, he will do extra magic damage to his enemies with each basic attack. This is a significant buff for him compared to PC Teemo, potentially letting him be played in the dragon lane as an APC (Ability Power Carry) instead of your standard ADC (Attack Damage Carry) or marksman.
- Due to the shorter games of Wild Rift, Teemo’s ultimate, his mushrooms will only last for 2 minutes compared to the 5 minutes on League’s PC version.
- With enough attack speed and damage, Teemo could be used to split push lanes as (2) Move Quick and (3) Guerilla Warfare will allow him to make a quick escape in case enemies come to lane looking for him. Move Quick now also allows him to roll a short distance before gaining a burst of movement speed.
- While Teemo may seem super OP in Wild Rift, his single target-focused ability kit means he won’t have much of an impact in teamfights. His mushrooms provide some decent damage and slow enemies but players will have to plan ahead to set them up.
- Narrow jungle passages in the jungle and typical jungle paths are a good place to set up his mushrooms, forcing enemies to steer clear of going on adventures in the jungle.