Ahri is a Burst Mage commonly played in the Middle Lane. Ahri mostly does Magic Damage and some True Damage. She has good mobility due to her ultimate and is moderately difficult to play.
Passive - Essence Theft
Whenever Ahri hits a target with a spell, she gains a stack of Essence Theft. When she has enough stacks, her next spell that hits an enemy also heals her.
1 - Orb Of Deception
Ahri sends out and pulls back her orb, dealing magic damage on the way out and true damage on the way back.
2 - Fox Fire
Ahri gains a brief burst of 40% extra movement speed and releases three fox-fires that lock onto and attack nearby enemies.
3 - Charm
Ahri blows a kiss that damages and charms an enemy it encounters, instantly stopping movement abilities and causing them to walk harmlessly towards her. The target temporarily takes increased damage from Ahri.
Ultimate - Spirit Rush
Ahri dashes forward and fires essence bolts, damaging nearby enemies. Spirit Rush can be cast up to three times before going on cooldown.
Electrocute - This keystone rewards Ahri for landing her full combo with more damage.
Brutal - Brutal gives her extra Ability Power and 2% bonus magic resist, complementing her other stats.
Regeneration - This rune complements her passive and gives Ahri a bit more sustain in the lane by allowing her to regenerate 2% missing health or mana every 3s (based on whichever percentage is lower).
Manaflow Band - Since Ahri’s damage output is directly tied to her abilities, this rune increases her maximum mana by 30 (up to 300) when she lands an ability or empowered attack on an enemy Champion.
For summoner spells, take the standard Flash for making a quick getaway or to land your charm and initiate your combo. Also, take Ignite to finish the job once you’ve landed your whole combo.
Ahri relies heavily on landing all her spells, especially Charm to maximize her damage output.
Pre Level 6
Charm (3) -> Orb of Deception (1) -> Fox Fire (2)
Post Level 6
One possible combos is Spirit Rush (Ultimate) -> Charm (3) -> Orb Deception (1) -> Spirit Rush (Ultimate) -> Fox-Fire (2) -> Spirit Rush (Ultimate).
Players should look to maximize her Ultimate Spirit Rush, followed by Orb of Deception, Charm and Fox Fire.
Ahri should prioritize maximizing her damage output, which is primarily Magic Damage based.
- Pick up an early Luden’s Echo. The Lost Chapter component gives Ahri the mana she needs to use spells in lane, while the Ability Power and Cooldown reduction works well with her abilities. She can also clear waves faster thanks to the splash damage of the item.
- Awakened Soulstealer will reduce her ultimate’s cooldown by 15% at full stacks, letting you spam Spirit Rush more often. Alternatively, you can pick up a Morellonomicon which gives additional 70 Ability Power and 300 HP and works against Champions who rely on lifesteal in team fights because of its Grievous Wounds -- an effect that reduces the enemy’s health regen.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap is a must-have to increase Ahri’s overall Damage output. The item gives her 130 Ability Power and the passive grants you 40% bonus Ability Power (of your total Ability Power). Even Tanks will find it difficult to withstand Ahri’s attacks with Rabadon's Deathcap.
- If the enemy builds a lot of Magic Resist, consider picking up a Void Staff. This item grants her 70 Ability Power and the Passive gives her 40% magic penetration which is useful against tanks who have build MR.
- For boots, pick up Ionian Boots of Lucidity for its additional 10% Cooldown reduction and if you want to switch it out, get a Protobelt. The additional dash and damage of the belt can help her close gaps or make a quick escape. The additional Cooldown reduction is also very useful for her.