Call of Duty: Mobile has come out with a huge update to the game to smooth out the bugs and introduce a whole new level of customisation with gunsmithing, rare weapons and other features. The developers are leaving no stone unturned when it comes to giving the fans what they want. The game has been following a season-based cycle and on August 16th, they finally released the much-awaited Season 9. It is by far one of the largest and most significant updates to come to the game and it certainly promises to be a game-changer. With a slew of new features like Gunsmithing and along with new content and rare weapon skins, how this season update impacts Call of Duty: Mobile is to be seen.
Gunsmith and Rare Weapons
Players can now choose from more than a hundred attachments when customising weapons allowing players to update their favourite gun with new visuals and functional upgrades for a unique experience. Now, each weapon supports up to nine attachment slots with more than 60 attachments and gun perks available. Players can earn attachments by upgrading their weapon level, and Legendary, Epic and Rare weapons are now blueprints which are variants of the base weapons that come with various cosmetic differences as well as curated pre-equipped attachments. These accessories are pre-equipped on each specific blueprint without the need to level up the base weapon to unlock them.
Also, rare weapons and uncommon weapons now have camo options that can be equipped to base weapons. The highest weapon level is now shared across all unlocked weapons and Blueprints of that type with no more need to level up every weapon players receive. Here's how you can pick up a rare weapon in BR.
Show off your own signature style with charms, stickers, reticles, and grindable camos. Save your newly designed weapon as a customised choice in the loadout, including rare weapons.
The other patch notes are as follows:
- New Battle Pass available on August 16th
- New Premium Battle Pass rewards
- New Epic Soldiers: Reznov; Nikto – Stronghold; Richtofen; Lev Kravchenko – Soviet Dragon
- New Epic Blueprints: Chopper – Fortress; Kilo Bolt-Action – Lazarus; QQ9 – Trendsetter; Striker – Aeronaut
- New Legendary Calling Card: Take Cover
- New “Battle Dressed” themed items
- New Free Battle Pass rewards
- New base Marksman Rifle: Kilo Bolt-Action – A lethal lightweight marksman rifle that can take the enemy down with one shot
- New Scorestreak: Shield Turret – A manually-operated shielded turret that can be deployed on most surfaces
- New event rewards
- New challenges and missions with new rewards
- New Lethal equipment: Thermite – Sticks to any surface and burns over time upon impact
- New Solider: Nikolai Belinski
- New Epic blueprints: MSMC – Rosie; ICR-1 – Retro Nuclear
- New Perk: Amped – Take advantage of faster primary weapon swap and launcher reload speed (excluding swapping to pistol and melee)
- New Featured Game Mode – 10v10
- Available for Team Death Match, Domination
- Available in Shipment, Takeoff, Meltdown, Crossfire
- Shipment, a Call of Duty classic, is now available! Dash through cargo containers in this action-packed fan favourite.
- Available for: Team Death Match, Domination, Free-For-All, Hardpoint, Gunfight, Ultra Rapid Fire, 1v1, Kill Confirmed, Team Death Match 10v10
All weapons in BR mode now perform the same as their multiplayer versions. Players can modify and customise weapons in the BR loadout and acquire them from airdrops.
- New Areas – Check out the four new areas added to Battle Royale: Radar Base, Dormitory, Outpost, and Camp.
- New Weapons – New Battle Royale weapons of all rarities added. The higher the rarity, the more attachments, which cannot be dropped or equipped to another gun.
- New Attachments – Augment your Battle Royale weapons with gun mods. More than ten new mods to try. Gun mods can be dropped or equipped to other firearms.
- New Items – Armor Plate: Recover armour durability by 50%. Use armour plates to repair your vest.