If you are wondering how to get 4:3 aspect ratio (Stretched and Black Bars) in Valorant, it is possible. Most players looking for the 4:3 aspect ratio are ex-CS:GO players who have gotten into the habit of using the aspect ratio. Whether or not the setting actually offers any tangible benefits is debatable, but you can stick to it if you are used to the aspect ratio. While we can help you get a stretched resolution and help you find out how to get 4:3 aspect ratio (stretched and black bars) in Valorant, Riot Games actively warns players against using it. They prohibit it and have told players that 16:9 is how you should play the game. If you want a stretched view anyway, here is a look at how to get 4:3 aspect ratio (Stretched and Black Bars) in Valorant.
Check If You Have an Nvidia Graphics Card
If you are wondering how to get 4:3 aspect ratio (Stretched and Black Bars) in Valorant but have not been able to find the settings, it is because Riot does not allow you to change the aspect ratio. It would be best if you changed it via your Nvidia Control panel and the option is not available to AMD users currently.
- Click Start.
- On the Start menu, click Run.
- In the Open box, type "dxdiag" (without the quotation marks), and then click OK.
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens. Click the Display tab.
- On the Display tab, information about your graphics card is shown in the Device section. You can see the name of your card, as well as how much video memory it has.
How to Get 4:3 Aspect Ratio (Stretched and Black Bars) In Valorant
Here is how to get 4:3 aspect ratio (Stretched and Black Bars) in Valorant. The settings will apply to all your apps, so you will need to revert the settings once you are done playing manually.
- Right-click on your Desktop
- Click on Nvidia Control Panel
- Navigate to the Display Section
- Click on “Adjust Desktop Size and Position”
- Select Aspect Ratio and choose 4:3
- When you boot into Valorant, you should now have black bars.
- Instead, if you want to play with a stretched resolution, choose the Scaling option instead of Aspect Ratio.
If this method does not work when you boot Valorant, head back to the NVIDIA control panel. Find the “perform scaling on” drop-down menu and select GPU. This should help you get 4:3 aspect ratio in Valorant.