DX11 Feature Level 10.0 Is Required to Run the Engine Error in Valorant is a recurring issue since the closed beta days. If you have been running into the issue lately, it is due to your graphics card drivers that may need a reinstall or an update. Fixing it takes only a few minutes, and it gets rid of the DX11 Feature Level 10.0 Is Required to Run the Engine Error in Valorant for good. Before updating your graphics card, it is recommended to uninstall Riot’s Vanguard anti-cheat for this particular issue. The anti-cheat will be reinstalled and activated automatically when you next update Valorant. Here is how you can fix DX11 Feature Level 10.0 Is Required to Run the Engine Error in Valorant.
Step 1: Uninstall Riot Vanguard
To fix DX11 Feature Level 10.0 Is Required to Run the Engine Error in Valorant, you must uninstall Riot Vanguard.
- Click on the Windows Start Menu
- Search “Add or Remove Programs”
- Open the first result.
- In the new menu, search for “Riot Vanguard.”
- Click on the Riot Vanguard icon and click “Uninstall.”
- Confirm the uninstallation.
Riot Vanguard will be automatically reinstalled when you next launch Valorant after updating your graphics card drivers.
Step 2: Fix DX11 Feature Level 10.0 Is Required to Run the Engine Error: NVIDIA Graphics Cards
Update your graphics card via the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Right-click on the Windows desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel. Navigate to the Help menu and select Updates.
- Enable and disable NVIDIA Update. To disable, uncheck the Automatically check for updates checkbox.
- Change how often your PC will check for updates. Select your desired time period in the drop-down menu.
- Enable and disable system tray balloon notifications. To disable, uncheck the Notify me when graphics driver updates are available checkbox.
- Enable and disable beta driver notifications. To enable, check the Include beta updates checkbox.
- Enable and disable automatic game and program profiles, including SLI. To enable, check the Game and Program Profiles checkbox.
Update your graphics card via NVIDIA GeForce Experience (Alternate method)
- Search for NVIDIA GeForce Experience in the Start menu.
- Click on the first result.
- Click on Drivers.
- Click on Check for Updates or Update.
- Wait for the download to complete and click on Install.
- Click on Next until the installation is complete.
Step 2: Fix DX11 Feature Level 10.0 Is Required to Run the Engine Error: AMD Graphics Cards
- Visit the AMD Driver and Support page and see section Auto-Detect and Install Updates for Radeon™ Graphics and Ryzen™ Chipset Drivers for Windows®.
- Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to begin downloading the AMD Driver Auto-detect tool.
- Once the download is complete, run the file from the save location.
- When prompted, click Install to begin the setup process.
- Click Next until the update completes for your graphics driver.
Step 3: Restart Your Computer and Reinstall Valorant
Once your graphics card drivers are updated, restart your computer and launch Valorant. It will take a few seconds to re-download Riot Vanguard, and you should no longer get the DX11 Feature Level 10.0 Is Required to Run the Engine Error in Valorant.