Valorant’s version mismatch error can be very frustrating if you try when you try to queue up with friends. Even if all players in the party are on the latest version of the game, the error code can restrict you from playing. The issue has been around since the closed beta but there is an easy fix that can get rid of the mismatch error in Valorant. Have all players who are trying to queue together close the game and the Riot Games launcher and restart Valorant. The issue occurs usually when hotfixes or patches are released and a quick restart ensures everyone in your lobby is on the latest version.
Valorant’s Version Mismatch Error: How to Fix
If anyone in your lobby gets the version mismatch error, try the following fix:
- Exit Valorant.
- Right Click on your Taskbar and click on Task Manager.
- Find all processes starting with Riot in the new menu.
- Right-click on all the processes that start with "Riot" and click on ‘End Task’.
- Start Valorant
If the solution does not work restart your PC and boot Valorant. Sometimes the updates and hotfixes do not roll out at the same time for all players can it can take a minute or two extra for all regions to receive an update. Once everyone’s game is updated to the latest version you should be able to login to the game and queue your matches.
If the updates are delayed for some regions there is nothing you can do except wait until everyone you want to play with receives a prompt on the Riot Games launcher.
What to Do If You Get The Version Mismatch Error in Valorant After Updating?
If the issue is isolated to you or one of your friends when teaming up, you should submit a support ticket after collecting your game logs. Here’s how you do it:
- Create a support ticket at https://support-valorant.riotgames.com/
- Press the Windows Key.
- Paste %localappdata%\VALORANT\saved into your Windows Search Bar.
- There, you’ll see a folder called Logs.
- Copy and paste the Log folder to your Desktop, and right-click the copied folder.
- From there, click Send to.
- Select "Compressed (zipped) folder".
- Attach the zipped folder to your support ticket.
Notify the support staff that you tried restarting your game and have updated to the latest patch. Sometimes it can be an account-wide issue where your game client refuses to update to the latest hotfix which Riot can resolve on your behalf.