Dota 2 tips and tricks keep on emerging as players keep devising new ways and strategies to play the game. Yet another Dota 2 tip has been shared by a Reddit user, u/Alphachicken, which allows Beastmaster to solo kill Roshan. The trick is very simple to execute and does not require any micromanaging. An Aghanim’s Scepter and a Smoke of Deceit on Beastmaster are the only two items that the hero requires as he can head into the Roshan pit, nonchalantly spam his Wild Axes and kill the big man. Here is how you can use the Beastmaster’s Aghanim’s Scepter trick.
How to solo kill Roshan with Beastmaster’s Aghanim’s Scepter
Beastmaster needs nearly 30 seconds to kill Roshan if he has Aghanim’s Scepter, a Smoke of Deceit and level four Wild Axes. This is how you should approach this trick.
- Farm Aghanim’s Scepter on the hero. Initial items like Boots of Speed, a Null Talisman may or may not be purchased.
- By the time, you have the item, you will probably also have level four in Wild Axes.
- Buy a Smoke of Deceit and make your way to the Roshan pit.
- Spam Wild Axes continuously. Roshan will not hit you and you can keep building up the stacks and reducing his HP.
- It will take around 30 seconds and 17-18 rounds of Wild Axes to take down Roshan.
It is advisable to either buy a Bottle or keep a couple of clarities ready to have a decent amount of Mana regeneration. This is because in any case, you do not want your Mana to be below 65 (which is the Mana cost for Wild Axes) and then lose the stacks because of your inability to use the spell.
A Reddit thread was made where the process of taking down Roshan was explained through a video.
Patch 7.29, which was released on April 10, 2021, removed Necronomicon - a key item for Beastmaster from the game. Additionally, the Aghanim’s Scepter upgrade on the hero increased the damage of Wild Axes by 40. This has led to players trying out new builds on the hero including this Aghanim’s Scepter rush.
Many had expected the hero’s winrate to drop by a big margin after the removal of Necronomicon. But its fall has not been that much, perhaps the emergence of other builds like Helm of the Dominator and this Aghanim’s Scepter rush is helping arrest the decline.