One of the most seasoned players in the professional Dota 2 circuit, Rasmus "MISERY" Filipsen and Alexey "Solo" Berezin, have complied new teams for the 2021 DPC season. MISERY’s stack, Hellbear Smashers, will be competing in the EU Decider Tournament while Solo’s stack, NoTechies is competing in CIS Decider tournament.
MISERY Eyes New DPC Season With New Squad- Hellbear Smashers
After the disband of 5men’s roster, captain MISERY was left without a team in November 2020. However, the Dane has returned with a renewed squad.
Renamed as “Hellbear Smashers”, the roster consists of two former 5Men players MISERY and Marcus "Ace" Hoelgaard who will be playing as the offlaner and the carry respectively.
The remaining players are:
- Position 2: Daniel "Stormstormer" Schoetzau- A pubstar who stood in for mudgolems at EPIC League Division 2.
- Position 4: Georgiy "Gilgir" Svistunov- A young player in the competitive scene who currently is in the inactive roster of CIS team, Khan.
- Position 5: Erik “tOfu” Engel- A relatively lesser-known player who plays for the German squad of EURONICS Gaming.
TeaGuvnor will be coaching the team and as per his tweet and Valve’s Majors Registration page, MISERY has changed his alias to his first name, rASmus. Also, MISERY will be playing the position 3 role for the first time since 2016.
His team is currently stationed in the Decider tournament of DPC-EU along with seven other teams. Scheduled to last from January 7-10, the Decider tournament will determine the top four teams that move to the Upper Division while the bottom four get qualified to Lower Division.
Solo On A Prow To Regain His Lost Glory With No Techies
One of the top captains in the CIS region, Solo, has had a rough year in 2020 after a rough year in terms of results. He also departed from Virtus.pro after being a staple player for four years.
An effort to put together a squad with some of his comrades and SumaiL in November 2020 in the form of Just Error went down in vain which led everyone to question Solo’s future team options.
He has now come up with a new roster named “NoTechies”
- Position 1: Vladyslav "Crystallize" Krystanek- A Ukraianin carry player who rose to the ranks on his time with Natus Vincere. He has played for the organization for three years and currently sits on its inactive roster.
- Position 2: Egor "Ergon" Kozlov- A talented player from Belarus who has been playing for Team Spirit since October 2019.
- Position 3: Abdimalik "Malik" Sajlau- A young player who has been trying out in various Tier 2 CIS teams in the last couple of years.
- Position 4: Bakyt "Zayac" Emilzhanov- Former Virtus.pro player and one of the most talented position four players in the scene
- Position 5: Alexey "Solo" Berezin- With an illustrious career, Solo is one of the most experienced players in the region.
The CIS-Decider Tournament which currently has eight invited teams including NoTechies will take place from January 8th to 11th. The Top four teams from the tournament will make it to the Upper Division while the bottom four move to the Lower Division.
Solo’s former teammates at Virtus.pro, RAMZES666, and No[o]ne look like they’re not going to be competing in the first season of the DPC and hence will be out of competitive action for the next couple of months.