Just weeks after the conclusion of ESL One Thailand 2020, yet another ESL One tournament has been announced. This time the tournament will exclusively take place for the Europe and CIS region. The ESL One Germany 2020 Dota 2 tournament features a $400,000 prize pool and will see 16 teams compete in this event.
The tournament will take place from October 5 - November 1.
ESL One Germany 2020 - Online Tournament Details
12 teams have been directly invited to this tournament.
- Team Secret
- Team Liquid
- Ninjas In Pyjamas
- To Be Announced
Prize Pool Distribution
The tournament features a $400,000 prize pool in total.
- 1st Place - $150,000
- 2nd Place - $80,000
- 3rd Place - $45,000
- 4th Place - $25,000
- 5th - 6th Place - $15,500
- 7th - 8th Place - $12,000
- 9th - 11th Place - $7,500
- 12th - 14th Place - $5,500
- 15th - 16th Place - $3,500
Format and Schedule
The tournament will be held entirely online from October 5 to November 1.
There will be 3 phases for this tournament
- Regional Qualifiers
- Group Stages
Regional Qualifiers: 25 - 27 September (Friday - Sunday)
- Eight teams will compete for four slots in ESL One Thailand 2020.
- Of these eight, four teams will be directly invited to the regional qualifiers while two teams will make it through the Open Qualifiers. You can register for the qualifiers through the links below.
Group Stages: 5th - 20th October 2020
- One pool of 16 teams
- Swiss format
- Five round of matches
- Three wins to proceed to playoffs (a total of eight teams)
Playoffs: 23rd October - 1st November
- Double-elimination bracket
- All matches except Grand Final are Bo3
- Grand Final is Bo5
Team Secret won the last ESL One tournament hosted in the European servers (ESL One Birmingham). The team has since not lost a single tournament they've taken part in. It will be interesting to see whether this tournament will witness their downfall.
ESL One Germany 2020 might very well be one of the tournaments that Valve was referring to when it posted an update on the current competitive scene and the DPC.