With the TI10 Battle Pass coming to a close in just about 3 weeks and the release of the Windranger Arcana as well as the Immortal Treasure 3 still on the horizon, we expected Valve to have their hands full with the Battle Pass content. However, it looks like they’re still not done with the additions to the Aghanim’s Labyrinth - The Summer Event.
Three New Heroes Added to Aghanim’s Labyrinth
Although we speculated that Valve was going to be adding a number of new heroes to the game mode soon after it was released, it looks like Valve has only added 3 new heroes (Queen of Pain, Templar Assassin, and Slark) to the Aghanim’s Labyrinth bringing up the total number of playable heroes to 15.
The fifteen heroes available are:
- Slark (new)
- Templar Assassin (new)
- Winter Wyvern
- Witch Doctor
- Queen of Pain (new)
Apex Mage Difficulty Level
Valve has also added a new difficulty level: Apex Mage, the hardest level which unlocks after you’ve completed the Grand Magus Difficulty level. Completing this level unlocks 5000 Battle Pass points, which translates to 5 levels in the TI10 Battle Pass.
Players also unlock a new voiceline:
New Modifiers Added To Bosses
Some new modifiers have also been added to the game mode, exponentially increasing the difficulty in the Apex Mage level of the Aghanim’s Labyrinth. These include:
- Glutton - All enemies debuff the turn rate and attack speed of their killers on death. Slows by about 20 per stack.
- Meteoric - Enemy Captains sometimes become meteors and launch themselves at Heroes.
- Glimmer - Enemy boss units can use Glimmer Cape. Units usually don't attack out of it. However, Ranged units may still attack you on occasion.
- Clumsy - Enemy Captains cast root their killers upon their death.
- Impatient - Enemies gradually gain size, damage, and health until they’re killed.
Valve has also increased the rate of earning Battle Points in the Aghanim’s Labyrinth.