- Mousesports have expanded their CS:GO roster to a six-man lineup.
- The organization has signed 16-year-old Bymas as their sixth player.
- This might be an indication that FaZe Clan could actually be looking to sign Kjaerbye.
German esports organization mousesports has expanded its CS:GO roster to a six-man lineup as they announce the signing of 16-year-old Lithuanian Counter-Strike player Aurimas "Bymas" Pipiras. With this, mousesports has now joined other CS:GO organizations like Astralis, ENCE (currently five-man), and Gambit Youngsters to field a six-man lineup.
Mousesports Sign Bymas
Mousesports has not been having a great 2020 after starting off the year with a victory at ICE Challenge 2020 after defeating Na’Vi in the finals. Following that tournament, they did manage to grab a second-place finish at ESL Pro League Season 11: Europe but the transition to online CS:GO tournaments has been particularly rough on them.
Really disappointing performances at both the RMR (Regional Major Rankings) tournaments, ESL One: Road to Rio - Europe and cs_summit 6 Online: Europe has placed them 14th on the current European RMR leader boards. The team has to really deliver a top-notch performance at the upcoming RMR tournament which will be their absolute last chance to make it to the upcoming CS:GO Major.
In order to shake things up and get out of this disastrous slump, mousesports have brought in the 16-year-old to the mix. It will be interesting to see what Bymas has to offer as the youngster has not been particularly up to mark during his time with FaZe Clan. Despite this, it seems to be a great pick for mousesports because,
- They must have acquired the player for free due to him being on FaZe Clan as just a trial player.
- The community does actually see Bymas as a player with actual potential to be a great player going ahead.
- Mousesports has already proved to be an organization that knows how to nurture a young player with the way they have unleashed Robin "ropz" Kool’s talent, who has stuck around with them since 2017.
Mousesports via a Tweet while accepting that they did not adapt well to the sudden change in circumstances have decided to broaden their roster and bring in a sixth player so as to be prepared for the future.
“We are excited that we can present a huge talent as Bymas to fill that role, who fits into our philosophy of developing young players.”
This also adds more weightage to earlier reports which have stated that the 22-year-old Dane Markus "Kjaerbye" Kjaerbye might soon be replacing Bymas from FaZe Clan’s active lineup. Though no official statement has been made by FaZe yet, Bymas’ departure seems like the speculation might indeed turn out to be true sooner or later.