Battlegrounds Mobile India Gets Over 20 Million Pre-Registrations
- Battlegrounds Mobile India (BMI) successfully pre-registers more than 20 million users via Google Play Store.
- The pre-registrations had gone live on May 18, which means that on an average roughly 1.17 million users pre-registered for the game daily.
- All the 20 million pre-registrations so far are Android users, as BMI is still not available for iOS devices.
Krafton’s India exclusive battle royale mobile game Battlegrounds Mobile India (BMI) whose pre-registration went live for Android users on May 18, has successfully reached the 20 million milestone. The highly anticipated mobile game is still available for pre-registration on the Google Play Store, but sadly there is still no update about when it will be available for iOS users who are impatiently waiting to pre-register themselves. The developers are giving away 4 rewards to all the users who pre-register, while also prompting others to go ahead and signup for the game via social media. Krafton is doing everything to get as many signups as possible before Battlegrounds Mobile India officially launches.
BMI Reached 20 Million Pre-Registrations
Nine months after the game got banned, Krafton came forward to release the revamped Battlegrounds Mobile India, a battle royale mobile game exclusively developed for Indian users. Well, the reception that BMI has received so far is just incredible, as 20 million users have already pre-registered for the game within just 17 days of it going live on the Play Store. This means that on average, roughly 1.17 million users pre-register for the game daily.
Krafton from their side has left no stone unturned, constantly promoting the pre-registration for BMI through their social media to reach as many users as possible. The developers are also offering all the users who pre-register for Battlegrounds Mobile India four in-game rewards which are as follows,
- The Recon Mask
- The Recon Outfit
- Celebration Expert Title
- 300 AG (Ace Gold), in-game PUBG Mobile currency
Another controversial aspect that has been reportedly linked to Krafton’s marketing move has been their decision to keep the app package name as ‘com.pubg.imobile’. This could have been done to help with SEO (Search Engine Optimization), leading to improved web traffic and visibility for Battlegrounds Mobile India.
No official game trailer or teaser of the gameplay has been released so far, as everything seems to be kept tightly wrapped up. However, the developers did list out a few changes that we can expect to see in Battlegrounds Mobile India,
- The game is being set in "a virtual simulation training ground," instead of battlefields in the regular version of the game.
- New characters will automatically start out clothed.
- Green Hit effects (instead of the previous red which resembled blood effects) to reflect the virtual nature of the game.
- A new feature that places restrictions on game time to promote healthy gameplay habits for younger players. All players under the age of 18 will be restricted to a maximum of 3 hours of playtime per day, with a maximum daily spending limit of Rs 7,000.