Battlegrounds Mobile India Officially Announced By Krafton
- KRAFTON is set to release Battlegrounds Mobile India soon and the studio just revealed the game's official logo.
- There is no known release date yet but the studio revealed that pre-registrations will be opening up soon.
- The game will feature its own exclusive esports ecosystem that KRAFTON will build for India.
KRAFTON just announced ‘Battlegrounds Mobile India’ which will be the India-exclusive battle royale the studio had been working on following the ban of PUBG Mobile in the country. The new game will release with exclusive outfits, features, and in-game events. KRAFTON also seeks to build its own esports ecosystem for the country with various tournaments and leagues. The game will be free to play and will be playable on mobile devices.
Battlegrounds Mobile India Pre-Registrations to Open Shortly
The game will have a pre-registration phase before launch and it will be available only in India. KRAFTON will be collaborating with partners to build an esports ecosystem in the country. There will also be India-specific esports events at launch which are yet to be announced.
PUBG Mobile along with 117 other apps was banned by the Indian government over user data security concerns. The new title is developed by KRAFTON with privacy and data security being the top priority for the studio right now. The studio revealed that it will be working with partners to ensure player data is protected and secured at each state and all privacy rights will be respected. The announcement revealed that “all data collection and storage will be in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in India and for players here”
Battlegrounds Mobile India will have restrictions on playtime restrictions for underage players. Players under 18 will be restricted to a maximum of three hours of playtime per day, with a maximum daily spending limit of Rs 7,000.
Earlier in November 2020, PUBG Mobile India was announced by Krafton with various new features including:
- The game being set in "a virtual simulation training ground," instead of the battlefields in the regular version of the game.
- New characters automatically starting clothed
- Green Hit effects (instead of the previous red which resembled blood effects) to reflect the virtual nature of the game.
- A new feature that places restrictions on game time to promote healthy gameplay habits for younger players.
Unfortunately, the game did not officially launch in the Play Store or the iOS store. Battlegrounds Mobile India could be a renamed version of this previously announced game.
Battlegrounds Mobile India Release Date
There is no official release date just yet but players can check out the logo reveal on the official YouTube Page on the official Battlegrounds Mobile India YouTube channel. Pre-registrations will open up at a later date and fans will be able to sign up on their mobile devices to get notified as soon as the game is available for download.