Wild Rift: Nemesis Duel Mechanic Explained
- A new gameplay mechanic in Wild Rift named "Nemesis Duel" will be available for new champions Kha'Zix and Rengar.
- It offers an opportunity to earn an in-game bonus which will provide a minor gameplay advantage.
In celebration of the upcoming release of two arch-nemesis Kha’Zix and Rengar in League of Legends: Wild Rift, the devs will be implementing a new mechanic called Nemesis Duel in the game. This new mechanic will add more of a challenge to players and will further immerse them with the lore of both Kha’Zix and Rengar. The Nemesis Duel is a special mechanic that activates at random when two champions with long-standing grudges in the lore face each other in Wild Rift. The victor will have a bonus advantage in the match which makes it risky but rewarding.
RELATED: Kha'Zix and Rengar Skills Revealed in Wild Rift
Wild Rift: Nemesis Duel Mechanic Explained by LoL WR Devs
Riot Games made an official post explaining the new Nemesis Duel mechanic was as revealed in the official social media handles of Wild Rift.
What is the Nemesis Duel Mechanic
The Nemesis Duel mechanic can be activated when two champions with long-standing grudges (in lore) battle it out in Wild Rift. The Duel offers an opportunity to earn an in-game bonus which will provide a minor gameplay advantage to the duel winner's team.
This new mechanic will be added alongside the upcoming champions Kha’Zix and Rengar in a bid to introduce new lore elements to Wild Rift players.
Initially, the new mechanic will only be available for the two aforementioned champions in LoL WR. However, the Wild Rift devs are planning on adding this new mechanic to other rival champions in the world of Runeterra as well.
How to activate Nemesis Duel in Wild Rift?
This Nemesis Duel mechanic will not activate in every match. The devs want this mechanic to be a fun surprise for players rather than a routine and repetitive occurrence.
Here are the factors to consider that may activate Nemesis Duel;
- Both champions are alive and fairly high level
- Neither has taken or dealt damage for a short time
- The two champions are at least a short distance apart
Once the requirements are achieved, an in-game notification will be displayed to inform the players that "the hunt is on!". The next battle will determine who will receive a bonus perk for the entire match.
Rewards of the Nemesis Duel
The rewards will depend on the champion who wins the duel. They will gain an extra perk for the entire match which will definitely be a big help for your team.
- If Rengar wins the fight, his ultimate skill will have a new effect. He will immediately gain Ferocity during his ultimate skill “Thrill of the Hunt.”
- On the other hand, if Kha’Zix wins the fight, he unlocks a new evolution point. This means all of his skills will be fully evolved instead of just having 3 evolutions.
Take note that the bonus will only be available for that specific match, so make it count.
RELATED: Wild Rift Tier List for May 2021
That’s all you need to know about the Nemesis Duel mechanic in Wild Rift. The two new champions Kha’Zix and Rengar will be released on May 6, 2021, with a themed event called Master of the Hunt. Stay tuned for more updates regarding the upcoming content in LoL WR.