COD Mobile World Championship 2021 Announced
- The COD Mobile World Championship 2021 has been announced and boasts a prize pool of $2 Million USD.
- The tournament is open to everyone and will go through 4 stages before competing in the Championship Finals.
- More details regarding the tournament will be announced at a later date.
The Call of Duty: Mobile World Championship 2021 is finally returning after the cancelation of last year’s event. The COD Mobile World Championship 2021 will be putting the world’s top COD Mobile esports pros a chance to claim the title of World Champions and the lion’s share of the $2 Million USD Prize pool, more than double the amount of last year’s world championship prize pool. The COD Mobile World Championship 2021 is open to all eligible players worldwide, running in multiple stages in their corresponding region. Activision has also launched the official COD Mobile Esports YouTube Channel to broadcast the tournament for the fans.
COD Mobile World Championship 2021: Details
Activision posted the big announcement on the official social media handles of COD Mobile. The tournament is sponsored by the multinational conglomerate company Sony and will have a fresh new format and a bigger prize pool.
The COD Mobile World Championship 2021 comes with a new and unique format. Here are more details;
Stage 1: Solo Play
Players will need to play Ranked Solo Play in the first stage across four weekends. Players need to earn 60 points in 10 ranked matches before they can advance to the next stage.
Activision’s vice president of product for CODM, Matthew Lewis, said in an interview with GameSpot that they have collaborated with popular content creators iFerg, BobbyPlays, HawksNest to deliver exciting rewards for players who participate in the first stage of the tournament.
Stage 2: Team Play
After the solo play stage, players will need to form a team and play a total of 30 ranked matches. The top 256 teams will proceed in the next stage.
Stage 3: Regional Qualifiers
The top 256 teams will then fight through a proper bracket format. The details on how many teams can qualify for the next stage are yet to be announced.
Stage 4: Regional Playoffs
The best teams in each region will then compete with each other. The regional champion will then proceed to the World Championship Finals.
Stage 5: World Championship Finals
This will be the final stage of the COD Mobile World Championship 2021. The world’s best teams will compete to become World Champions and attempt to secure the lion’s share of the prize pool. COD Mobile will reveal more details about this phase at a later date.
- Players have to be from an eligible region and be at least 18 years old to participate in the competition.
- As the first stage of the tournament happens through ranked matches, players also need to be in level 10 or higher to compete.
- In stages one, two, and three of the competition, players can use any device, including tablets.
- Players will be required to use the Sony Xperia 1 III in the regional playoffs and the finals. It is still unknown whether the tournament organizers will provide the device or not.
- External equipment and controllers are not allowed.
Activision has yet to announce the complete list of regions. However, they stated that they would be adding regions based on how popular the game is in that certain region. The confirmed regions so far are Mainland China, South Asia, and the Middle East
Whether you’re looking to start your career as an esports professional on the biggest esports event for COD Mobile or simply want to have fun and experience the adrenaline rush of joining esports tournaments, the COD Mobile World Championship 2021 will be open for everyone.
More details regarding the tournament will be announced at a later date. Interested COD Mobile players will have to keep their eyes peeled for the coming weeks.