Wild Rift Patch 2.1B: Patch Notes, Balance Changes
- Wild Rift Patch 2.1B has finally been unveiled, featuring a ton of balance changes for champions and items in the game.
- Riot Games is focusing on reducing the overall impact of lane swaps and backdoors in the game.
- The Project Skin Line and the three new champions Leona, Pantheon, and Diana has also arrived.
Wild Rift Patch 2.1B has finally been unveiled, featuring a ton of balance changes for champions and items in the game. For this balance patch, Riot Games is focusing on reducing the overall impact of lane swaps and backdoors in the game. This will give teams a window of opportunity to fight back if odds are stacked against them. The Wild Rift Patch 2.1B also marks the Project Skin Line release and the three new champions Leona, Pantheon, and Diana. Here are more details about the new content and balance changes in the Wild Rift Patch 2.1B.
Wild Rift Patch 2.1B: New Champions and Skins
Three new champions have been added in the current patch update;
Leona - The Radiant Dawn
Leona is a tanky support that can fortify herself to survive longer in team fights. Her crowd control skills are also a big asset for her team.
Diana - Scorn of the Moon
Diana is a melee mage that can deal massive damage to enemies up close. She can apply shields to herself, which makes her a bit tanky than your average mage.
Pantheon - The Unbreakable Spear
Ping for help, and Pantheon will surely come to your rescue. Her ultimate makes her leap from a far distance in the map and swoop into a team fight. He is a fighter type that can deny damage from enemies using his shield.
Wild Rift Patch 2.1B: New Skins
New skins have also arrived in Wild Rift. The much-awaited Project Skin Line has been added and can now be purchased in the shop.
Here is the list of new skins for Patch 2.1B;
- Barbecue Leona
- Dark Valkyrie Diana
- Full Metal Pantheon
- Dragonslayer Pantheon
- Infernal Diana
- PROJECT: Ashe
- PROJECT: Leona
- PROJECT: Vi
- PROJECT: Yasuo
- PROJECT: Zed
Wild Rift Patch 2.1B New Event “Path of Ascension”
The new event is currently live in the game and allows players to unlock one of the three new champions for free.
Wild Rift Patch 2.1B: Champion Balance Changes
Once again, the cosmic dragon receives another nerf after being too overwhelming in the mobile game. The devs are hoping to tone him down and keep his mid-game on par with other champions.
Passive: Center of Universe
- Star base damage: from 18/26/34/42/50/58/66/74/82/90/98/106/114/122/130 to 15/21/27/33/40/47/54/61/70/79/88/97/108/119/130
2nd Skill: Celestial Expansion
- Base damage: from 25/35/45/55/65/75/85/95/105/115/125/135/145/165 to 25/32/39/46/54/62/70/78/89/100/111/122/138/154/170
Ultimate: Voice of Light
- Cooldown: 65/55/45s → 80/65/50s
Everyone’s favorite healer has received a slight buff to her healing and silence to help her shine more in the match as the team’s support.
2nd Skill: Astral Infusion
- Base heal: 80/110/140/170 HP → 80/120/160/200 HP
3rd Skill: Equinox
- Cooldown: 22/20/18/16s → 20/18/16/14s
With a slight buff to her rocket jump and base stats, the devs are hoping to give Tristana more advantage to help her keep up with the best marksmen in Wild Rift.
- Base mana per level: from 33 to 41
- Mana @ level 15: from 762 to 874
2nd Skill: Rocket Jump
- Slow duration: from 1/1.5/2/2.5s to 1.5/2/2.5/3s
The devs think that Yasuo is having too many defensive stats and mobility. They slightly nerfed his stats in hopes of giving opponents a chance to punish Yasuo players if they make mistakes.
- Base armor: from 40 to 35
- Base health: from 650 to 570
3rd Skill: Sweeping Blade
- From Dash Speed: 1200 + Movement Speed to 900 + Movement Speed
The devs are buffing his Mega Infernal Bomb AoE range to help players hit their marks better. However, his Tower Destroying capabilities are slightly nerfed to keep him from pushing too fast in the game.
(2) Satchel Charge
- Tower destroy threshold: from 25/30/35/40% tower HP to 20/25/30/35% tower HP
(Ult) Mega Inferno Bomb
- Outer AoE size radius: from 4 to 5
- Inner AoE size radius: from 2 to 2.5
Wild Rift Patch 2.1B: Item and Rune Balance Changes
The devs observed that the Locket Enchant is doing too well in both casual and esports tournaments. The devs are giving it a slight nerf to keep it from being a top priority item.
- Price: from 00g to 800g
- Shield Amount: from 140 to 420 (120 + Level × 20) to 70 to 420 (45 + Level × 25)
The devs discovered that the Conqueror Rune is overperforming other runes in the game, making the rune mandatory in almost all situations for ranged champions. The rune has received a slight nerf when used by ranged champions in the game.
- AP per stack: from 4 to 12 (based on champ level) to 3 to 9 (based on champ level)
- Maximum stack Adaptive Damage bonus: from 10% on ranged champions to 7% on ranged champions
Wild Rift Patch 2.1B: Game System Changes
Backdoor strategy is a viable way to win a match. However, it has become too easy during the late game. The devs will keep the backdoor bonus consistent for the whole match.
- Backdoor bonus - Tower damage reduction: from 66%, then 33% at 18 minutes to 66% through the whole game
The devs aren’t satisfied with how the Lane Swaps were commonly used in competitive matches. Therefore, the devs are tweaking how the game functions during the early game.
During the first 3 minutes:
- Solo (Baron) lane outer turret gains 90 bonus Armor/Magic Resist
- Mid lane outer turret gains 90 bonus Armor/Magic Resist
- Duo (Dragon) lane outer turret gains 40 bonus Armor/Magic Resist
During the first 3 minutes, turrets gain additional defensive bonuses when multiple enemies are nearby:
- 2 champions in total: 10 Armor/Magic Resist
- 3 champions in total: 100 Armor/Magic Resist
- 4 champions in total: 200 Armor/Magic Resist
- 5 champions in total: 300 Armor/Magic Resist
The devs are looking for ways to detect unsavory behaviors in the game. They are improving the language that chat detection can understand and catch toxic players in matches.
The devs also ask players to keep reporting players who are behaving in a disruptive way. Each report will be sent to their system and help improve the chat detection to be smarter in handling toxic behaviors in the chat.
Wild Rift Patch 2.1B: Free-To-Play Champion Rotation
- Mar 18 - Mar 24: Corki, Darius, Graves, Katarina, Malphite, Nami, Shyvana, Soraka, Varus, Ziggs
- Mar 25 - Mar 31: Akali, Draven, Jarvan IV, Jax, Rakan, Sona, Wukong, Xayah, Xin Zhao, Zed