Wild Rift Patch 2.1A: Full Notes and Updates
- Riot Games has announced their upcoming content for Wild Rift Patch 2.1A
- Katarina will arrive in Wild Rift sometime in March 2021.
- A few balance changes for Champions and Items will also be implemented when the patch arrives.
Wild Rift Patch 2.1A has been revealed, featuring balance changes to champions, items, new events, and the arrival of a new champion. The Wild Rift Patch 2.1A will see a ton of champion and item buff or nerfs along with new upcoming content in March 2021. This includes the highly anticipated new champion, Katarina, buffs, and nerfs to select champions and items. The content presented will be released throughout March 2021. Specific dates for the upcoming patch are yet to be announced. You can find the full Wild Rift Patch 2.1A Notes below.
RELATED: SEA Icon Series Might Affect Wild Rift Changes in the Future
Wild Rift Patch 2.1A: Full Notes and Updates for March 2021
New Champion: Katarina, The Sinister Blade
A Noxian Assassin of the highest caliber is coming to Wild Rift. She is a mage/assassin champion capable of teleporting to her enemies in a short distance while also reducing her skill cooldowns whenever she executes enemy champions. However, her high skill ceiling will keep you practicing for hours to perform that perfect combo.
There is no specific release date announced yet. However, we can expect her to arrive in Wild Rift within March 2021.
New Event: Katarina’s Challenge
Players can complete event missions to unlock Katarina for free. Riot Games will provide more information about this at a later date.
Lulu has always been one of the most robust supports in the game since her release. Hopefully, these changes should keep her from having a one-sided match.
- Base health: 570 → 530
- Movement speed: 330 → 325
(2nd Skill) Whimsy
- Polymorph duration: 1.25/1.5/1.75/2s → 1/1.25/1.5/1.75s
(3rd Skill) Help, Pix!
- Shield duration: 5s → 2.5s
- Cast range: 7 → 6
(Ult) Wild Growth
- Cast range: 8 → 7
Miss Fortune’s overall presence in the match can be quite overwhelming. She had the most burst damage compared to other marksmen in the game. The devs decided to Reduce the overwhelming damage she has along with a few visual bugfixes.
- Base armor: 35 → 30
- Base health regen: 9 → 6
- Base health regen per level: 0.81 → 0.55
- 21 at level 15 → 14 at level 15
(Passive) Love Tap
- Love Tap Damage vs minions: 100% → 50%
- [BUGFIX] Love Tap Damage vs monsters: 50% (Unchanged - now in the tooltip)
Ever since Kennen’s nerf in Wild Rift, Olaf has been rampaging non-stop due to his ultimate skill that completely ignores any type of CC. These few nerfs should keep him from snowballing too hard and allow enemies to make room for a counterattack.
- Base armor: 40 → 35
- Base AD: 70 → 64
(1st Skill) Undertow
- Slow: 30/35/40/45% → 20/25/30/35%
- Slow duration: 2.5s → 2s
Ashe is currently one of the weakest champions. She has good CC, but her underwhelming DPS isn’t something to be afraid of. The devs have decided to reduce the cooldown of her first skill to improve her overall DPS.
(1st Skill)Ranger’s Focus
- Cooldown: 8/7/6/5s → 7/6/5/4s
Players often say Darius can do a Pentakill. The truth is, he is currently so underwhelming and barely makes an impact in the match, especially during the late game. These buffs to his Burst Damage and CC should allow him to keep up and get those pentakills rolling.
- Missing health heal %: 12 to 36% → 15 to 45%
- Slow duration: 1s → 1.5s
After the nerf from patch 1.1, he has since lost his charm. His damage is too lackluster, especially against tanks, and he slightly struggles in the lane against other marksmen. The debs reverted his base damage back before patch 1.1 to help him get back on track.
(1st Skill) Mystic Shot
- Base damage: 20/50/80/110 → 20/55/90/125
He is known as one of the weakest marksmen in the game, even worse than Ashe. These slight changes to his first skill should allow him to improve his lane pressure and make him viable in Wild Rift.
(1st Skill) Piercing Arrow
- Cooldown: 18/16/14/12s → 16/14/12/10s
Vayne is good against tanks during the late game. However, the devs figured she would be affected by the Blade of the Ruined King item nerf since this item is one of her core items in the game. The devs decided to buff her slightly so that her reliance on the item is reduced.
(3rd Skill) Condemn
- Damage on terrain stun: 75/120/165/210 → 105/145/185/225
(Ult) Final Hour
- Cooldown: 100/80/60s → 90/75/60s
Rakan performed better than Xayah since their initial launch. Her mechanic is useful in team fights but her damage is quite lackluster. So the devs buffed her underwhelming damage so she can compete with other marksmen.
(1st Skill) Double Dagger
- Base damage: 35/65/95/125 → 50/75/100/125
(2nd Skill) Deadly Plumage
- Bonus attack speed: 25/30/35/40% → 35/40/45/50%
(3rd Skill) Bladecaller
- Cooldown: 12/11/10/9s → 11/10/9/8s
- AD ratio: 0.6 → 0.8
- Base damage: 100/200/300 → 125/250/375
RELATED: Geek Fam Wild Rift Roster Announced
Blade of the Ruined King
- Attack damage: 30 → 20
- Attack speed: 30% → 35%
- Melee: 6% → 9% of current enemy health physical damage
- Ranged: 6% of current enemy health physical damage (unchanged)
- Drain movement speed duration: 3s → 2s
- Ability power: 90 → 70
- Total cost: 3150g (unchanged)
- Combine cost: 800g → 950g
- Ability power: 35 → 25
- Total cost: 1450g → 1300g
- Upgrade cost: 950g → 800g
Wild Rift Patch 2.1A: Weekly Free-to-Play Champion Rotation
Mar 4 - Mar 10: Aurelion Sol, Fiora, Gragas, Kai'Sa, Lee Sin, Lulu, Sona, Teemo, Tristana, Twisted Fate
Mar 11 - Mar 17: Alistar, Amumu, Braum, Camille, Evelynn, Jhin, Seraphine, Singed, Vayne, Yasuo