Apex Legends Valkyrie's Abilities, Skins and More: First Look
- Apex Legends' Valkyrie's abilities are all about mobility and offense and players will be able to try out the new character on May 4, 2021.
- Her passive ability allows her to hover but datamined information suggests that she is unable to use her weapons during flight.
- Her ultimate ability allows her and her teammates to re-deploy similar to using a jumptower for repositioning.
Apex Legends’ Valkyrie got a brand-new cinematic and the Season 9 trailer offered insights on what to expect from the game’s next legend. Valkyrie in Apex Legends might be a solid pick as all movement-based legends have been well-received by the community. Valkyrie’s Apex Legends debut is scheduled on May 4 but we already know to expect from the next legend’s abilities. In addition to the new legend, the Season 9 trailer also showed off the Boceck Bow in action which will be the first weapon of its type in the game.
Apex Legends Valkyrie Abilities
Apex Legends’ Valkyrie had her abilities leaked long before the release of the Northstar cinematic. While many are expecting her ability to hover in the air is part of her tactical ability, datamined information suggests that it is her passive ability. She will be able to hover in the air while holding down the jump button similar to Pharah from Overwatch.
Her ultimate ability will allow her teammates to join her in flight and re-deploy which can be great for rotations. The introduction of yet another high mobility hero might be controversial as players are unhappy with how oppressive Season 7 legend Horizon feels.
- Tactical – Cluster Missile: Fire a rocket that explodes multiple times.
- Passive – VTOL Jets: Hold jump to initiate VTOL Jets – allows hovering in the air.
- Ultimate – Skyward: Press once to prepare for launch. Teammates can interact with Valkyrie to join the launch. Press again to launch into the air and skydive.
Valkyrie’s ultimate looks like it will allow players to redeploy similar to using a jump tower. It will be interesting to see how it fares compared to the likes of Wraith’s portal, Octane’s jump pad, and Pathfinder’s zipline.
Apex Legends Valkyrie Skins
It is likely that Valkyrie will receive her own skin bundle when the next season launches. In the Season 9 launch trailer she is seen wearing Viper’s suit, which could be part of an exclusive bundle similar to the one we received with Fuse. Here are the names of four legendary skins that Valk will get at launch. Images of the skins are not yet available:
- Aerial Support
- Choke Uplift
- Valhalla Descent
- Warrior’s Justice
Apex Legends Valkyrie Release Date
Valkyrie will be available to play on May 4 when Season 9: Legacy drops. She can be unlocked for 750 Apex Coins or 12000 Legend Tokens.