Valorant Patch 2.06: Full Notes and Details
- Valorant's patch 2.06 brings with it some major changes to Viper and Yoru, giving them a complete overhaul which might shake up the future meta.
- Bucky got a major changes which has left a lot of players unhappy with the patch notes.
- There are additional quality of life and competitive changes in the latest patch which is scheduled to go live soon.
Valorant’s Patch 2.06 notes got accidentally published by Riot Games before the post was taken down. The official Valorant Patch 2.06 notes will be available once the update goes live. There is currently no official word on the exact release date and time but fans expect it to launch in the next 24 hours. With a new lineup of skins just announced, Valorant patch 2.06 should go live by March 31st. It is one of the biggest patches so far with a number of balance changes to both weapons and agents that will completely shake up the meta for months.
Valorant Patch 2.06: Agent Changes
Here are all the changes to agents that are arriving with Valorant patch 2.06.
- Enemies that cross through Viper's Poison Cloud, Toxic Screen, or Viper's Pit are instantly inflicted with at least 50 decay. Their decay level increases the longer they remain in contact with toxin.
- While in cloud, Decay over time decreased 15 >>> 10
- When out of Viper’s cloud, delay before health regen decreased 2.5 >>> 1.5
Poison Cloud (Q)
- Can now immediately be redeployed when picked up, but grants a temporary charge instead of a permanent charge
- If active when Viper dies, Poison Cloud now remains up for an additional 2 seconds, or until Viper runs out of fuel.
- Pickup distance increased 200 >>> 400
Toxic Screen (E)
- If active when Viper dies, Toxic Screen now remains up for an additional 2 seconds before deactivating
- Equip time decreased 1.1 >>> .8
- In custom games with cheats and infinite abilities enabled, Viper can hold down “activate” on Poison Cloud and Toxic Screen to recall them
- In custom games with cheats and infinite abilities enabled, Poison Cloud’s landing location is shown on the minimap while equipped
- Flash activation time decreased 0.8>>> 0.6 seconds Flash duration increased from 1.1>>>1.5
- Gatecrash is no longer refreshed on kills and is instead replenished every 35 seconds
- Lifetime of the Gatecrash fragment increased 20 seconds >>> 30 seconds
- The range at which the Gatecrash fragment is revealed from stealth decreased 7m >>> 4m
Dimensional Drift (X)
- Ult Points reduced 7 >>> 6
- Yoru can now reactivate Gatecrash while in Dimensional Drift
- Nanoswarm (C)
- Killjoy can now pick up deployed Nanoswarm grenades during the buy phase to get the charge back
Valorant Patch 2.06: Weapon Changes
- Primary fire (left-click) bullet spread decreased 3.4 >>> 2.6
- Decreased spread on Alt-fire (right-click) 3.4 >>> 2.0 Updated damage curve for both primary and alt-fire 0m–8m is 20dmg per pellet
- 8m–12m is 12dmg per pellet
- Beyond 12m is 9dmg per pellet
- Reduced amount of pellets in a right-click shot from 15 >>> 5
Valorant Patch 2.06: Gameplay Changes
- Raze’s Showstopper now comes with two Blast Pack Charges which refill when you touch the ground. Practice those boosts! Snowball Launcher now comes with Skates—the increased mobility should give you an edge against the generally more lethal weapons.
- Big Knife now comes with one Tailwind (Jett Dash) charge which refills on kill.
- You can now right click on a leaderboard entry and view their career to check out their Match History, see details of their games, and look at their Act Rank progress starting from Valorant patch 2.06.
- If you are on the the Leaderboard, but don’t want to give away who you are, you can leverage our in-client toggle to label yourself a ‘Secret Agent’.
Valorant Patch 2.06: Miscellaneous Changes
Quality of Life
- To improve legibility, the megamap now consistently uses a mouse pointer instead of a crosshair for map pings
- Added an audio toggle located in the Audio settings panel to enable HRTF
- HRTF allows players wearing headphones to play audio in a simulated surround sound audio space.
- Currently, only footsteps, reloads, and Deathmatch respawns will be rendered in 3D with HRTF enabled.
- It’s recommended that players please turn off any other “3D Audio” processing while using this feature on Valorant patch 2.06.