Patch 7.27B With Changes To 100+ Dota 2 Heroes Released
Two weeks ago Valve released the 7.27 Patch which changed a number of elements including the Dota 2 map, economy, and other general aspects. However, Valve did not release the changes to the heroes instead stating that they would release it after some time. That 7.27B patch is finally here, bringing over 100+ changes to Dota 2 heroes and their abilities.
The patch also features minor balances to a few items including the Echo Sabre, MKB and Hand of Midas.
Biggest Changes of the 7.27B Dota 2 Patch
The 7.27B Patch saw various significant changes that reverted past changes restoring many heroes to the original state. For instance, Centaur Warrunner had his retaliate restored to its original form, making the ability a passive instead of an active.
There were other significant changes too. Some of the most significant changes are listed below.
Intelligence increased from 18 + 1.7 to 21 + 2.0
- Bloodrage has been reworked. Increases your attack speed by 50/80/110/140 and your spell amplification by 6/12/18/24%. Drains 2.4/2.6/2.8/3% max health per second. Self or ally hero cast (provides half attack speed for allies). Lasts 8 seconds. Cooldown 14/12/10/8. Manacost 25/30/35/40. Not lethal.
- Bloodrage can now be cast without interrupting movement
- Thirst no longer grants attack speed.
- Thirst now provides 6/9/12/15% of max health as a heal for creep kills and 12/18/24/30% for hero kills. Grants half healing if you are within 300 radius of a dying enemy creep or hero.
- Level 10 Talent increased from +5 Armor to +6
- Level 10 Talent changed from +20 Attack Speed to +30 Bloodrage Attack Speed
- Level 15 Talent increased from +60 Blood Rite Damage to +75
- Retaliate no longer has an active component that provides attack damage
- Retaliate now also returns 20/25/30/35% of your strength as damage
- Retaliate base damage reduced from 16/36/56/76 to 15/30/45/60
- Retaliate now does half damage to towers instead of full
- Double Edge cooldown reduced from 5 to 4
- Hoof Stomp cooldown reduced from 22/19/16/13 to 15/14/13/12
- Hoof Stomp damage increased from 80/110/140/170 to 100/150/200/250
- Hoof Stomp stun duration reduced from 2/2.25/2.5/2.75 to 1.7/2.0/2.3/2.6
- Hoof Stomp manacost reduced from 115/120/125/130 to 100/110/120/130
- Level 15 Talent changed from +25 Base Damage to +40 Damage
- Level 20 Talent reduced from +70 Retaliate Damage to +50
- Chaos Strike now has a 30% chance to proc instead of using a cooldown
- Phantasm cooldown reduced from 125 to 75
- Phantasm illusion count reduced from 3 to 1/2/3
- Phantasm illusion outgoing damage increased from 40/70/100% to 100%
- Phantasm illusions no longer have an extra 25% magic resistance
- Phantasm manacost reduced from 125/200/275 to 75/125/175
- Level 15 Talent increased from +12% Cooldown Reduction to +14%
- Level 25 Talent changed from +1.5 Max Chaos Bolt Duration to +1s Min/Max Chaos Bolt Duration
- Level 25 Talent changed from -1.5s Chaos Strike Cooldown to +10% Chaos Strike Chance
Intelligence gain increased from 1.7 to 2.2
Attack point improved from 0.7 to 0.4
- Searing Arrows damage increased from 25/35/45/55 to 30/40/50/60
- Searing Arrows manacost increased from 9/10/11/12 to 12
- Strafe is a basic ability again. Grants 110/140/170/200 attack speed and 100% evasion against ranged attackers. Lasts 3/4/5/6 seconds. Cooldown 34/30/26/22. Manacost 40/50/60/70.
- Skeleton Walk now provides invisibility and 15/30/45/60% movement speed. Does not end invisibility when casting his spells. Lasts 25/30/35/40 seconds. Cooldown 20/19/18/17 seconds.
- Burning Army is now a scepter ability. Summons 5 skeletons in a 1300 line. Skeletons have 1000 health, but die in 2 hits and deals 30% of your damage. Cooldown 90, Manacost 150.
- Death Pact has been reworked and is now his ultimate. Consumes a target friendly or enemy creep, gaining a percentage of its hit points as max health and damage. Gains 6/10/14% of the target's current health as damage, and gains 60/80/100% as health. Lasts 65. Cooldown 80/70/60. Manacost 100. Cast Range 900.
- Level 10 Talent changed from +9 Strength to +1.75 Mana Regen
- Level 10 Talent changed from +7 Agility to Skeleton Walk Exit Summons 1 Burning Army Skeleton
- Level 15 Talent increased from +12 Searing Arrows Damage to +25
- Level 15 Talent changed from -30s Burning Army Cooldown to -10s Skeleton Walk Cooldown
- Level 20 Talent increased from +100 Attack Range to +125 Attack Range
- Level 20 Talent changed from +325 Death Pact Health to Kills Reset Death Pact Cooldown
- Level 25 Talent changed from +3s Skeleton Walk Attack Speed to +50/5% Death Pact Health/Damage
Base attack speed increased from 100 to 110
Attack damage spread reduced from 47-57 to 49-55
- Fade Bolt damage reduction changed from a fixed value for heroes and creeps to 10/18/26/34% base damage
- Fade Bolt damage increased from 80/160/240/320 to 100/175/250/325
- Fade Bolt manacost reduced from 135/140/145/150 to 120/130/140/150
- Level 10 Talent changed from +50 Damage to +50 Base Damage
- Level 15 Talent changed from -80 Fade Bolt Hero Attack to Fade Bolt Steals Hero Damage
Base damage increased by 4
- Necromastery max soul count from 12/20/28/36 to 11/14/17/20 (scepter is 25)
- Necromastery damage per soul changed from 2 to 1/2/3/4
- Necromastery no longer grants an extra amount for hero kills
REQUIEM OF SOULS
- Requiem of Souls now releases a wave per 1 soul instead of per 2 souls
- Level 20 Talent increased from +2 Damage Per Soul to +3
Attack range increased from 150 to 175
- Atrophy Aura no longer provides permanent bonus damage
- Atrophy Aura creep death damage rescaled from 5 to 4/5/6/7
- Atrophy Aura damage duration increased from 30/40/50/60 to 30/45/60/75
- Firestorm cast point reduced from 0.6 to 0.5
- Firestorm AoE increased from 400 to 400/430/460/490
- Firestorm debuff no longer ignores Ancients (still ignores Roshan)
PIT OF MALICE
- Pit of Malice cooldown reduced from 22/20/18/16 to 18/17/16/15
- Level 10 Talent changed from +20 Movement Speed to +5 Armor
- Level 10 Talent changed from +14 Firestorm Wave Damage to +12% Magic Resistance
- Level 15 Talent changed from +5 Atrophy Permanent Bonus Damage to -3s Firestorm Cooldown
- Level 15 Talent changed from +175 Cast Range to +100 Pit of Malice AoE
The biggest winners of this patch seem to be Underlord and Clinkz according to Dotabuff. If you want to gain some before Valve nerfs them, here's your chance.
What are your thoughts on the new patch? Are you glad that the zoo meta is over?