New Filipino Dota 2 team featuring Skem, Julz and ryOyr Unveiled
It looks like the anticipation of the new DPC system is popping up several new aspiring teams all across the SEA Dota 2 scene. The latest of these reveals seems to be ‘Reech Apex’ a new SEA team featuring only Filipino players.
The team is backed by the executives of Reech Philippines, an online financial fund management platform. The team reportedly aims to help esports athletes from diverse regions of Mindanao to enhance their skills and develop into professional players.
The most recognizable players of this team are:
- Ryo "ryOyr" Hasegawa - who has played for TNC Predator, Mineski and Rave.
- Andrei "Skem" Ong - Former Cloud9, Geek Fam and Complexity Gaming Player
- Julius "Julz" De Leon - Former support of Mineski and DeToNator
The two cores are relatively unknown players, who are yet to experience international success:
- Levi “Young God” Lagaret - Their carry player, who peaked at Rank 12 in the SEA Leaderboards.
- Louie “LJSL” James Lim - Another pubstar, who qualified for the WESG 2019 APAC Finals with Indian team Whoops! He will be playing in the midlane.
Hence their full roster will be:
- Carry: Young God
- Mid: LJSL
- Offlaner: ryOyr
- Soft Support: Julz
- Hard Support: Skem
Reech Apex recently competed in South.gg's Lockdown Tournament where they finished in 2nd place after losing the Grand Finals 3-2 against Neon Esports. Not a bad showing, for a first outing.