Abed and RAMZES666 replace Sumail and S4 in EG Dota 2 Roster
Evil Geniuses has finally unveiled its new Dota 2 roster. After an inconsistent season, concluding with a 5th-6th place finish at TI9, it seems like Evil Geniuses is undergoing a massive overhaul to put them in prime position to succeed in the upcoming DPC Season.
- Abed “Abed" Azel L. Yusop will be joining the EG ranks as their midlaner. He will be replacing Sumail “SumaiL” Hassan who has been released from the roster. SumaiL is still under contract but is open to transfer talks.
- CIS Superstar Roman "RAMZES666" Kushnarev will also be making his way to the NA region, transitioning to the offlane role. He will be replacing Gustav “s4” Magnusson who has also been released from the team and is now a free agent.
- Sam “BuLba” Sosale will continue to coach the Evil Geniuses lineup.
This is the first roster shuffle that EG has undergone ever since the infamous OG-Fly saga. Unfortunately, that iteration of the team failed to win a single tournament during the entirety of their tenure with EG.
This iteration of EG is perhaps the most skilled one yet, can Abed and Ramzes push EG forward and break the third-place curse? With many top tier teams opting to take a break from the first Major/Minor of the new DPC season, this might be their best chance yet.
The full Evil Geniuses Roster for the 2019-20 DPC season from position 1 to 5 is:
1. Artour “Arteezy” Babaev
2. Abed “Abed” Azel L. Yusop
3. Roman “RAMZES666” Kushnarev
4. Andreas “Cr1t-” Nielsen
5. Tal “Fly” Aizik
Coach: Sam “BuLba” Sosale
SumaiL is rumoured to be forming a team with his brother Yawar "YawaR" Hassan. It will be interesting to see how this develops.
On the other hand, there have been no indications of s4’s destination for the upcoming DPC season. It should be interesting to see which team he joins with the wealth of experience he has.