Riot Games have revealed the upcoming content for the upcoming Wild Rift Patch 2.2a. The patch features the debut of one of the most iconic champions in League of Legends PC, Rammus. The new champion is expected to arrive on April 22, 2021. Along with the new champion, the devs also revealed the new Stargazer skin line and an event themed around the new skins. The Wild Rift Patch 2.2a will also have a few balance changes for certain champions and in-game items. If you’re looking for a breakdown of the upcoming patch update for Wild Rift, here are the full patch notes for the forthcoming Wild Rift Patch 2.2a update.
Wild Rift Patch 2.2a: New Content
New Champion, Rammus - The Armordillo
One of the most lovable champions is finally making his way into Wild Rift. Widely known for his signature “Ok” champion dialogue, Rammus is a tank champion that can reflect damage coming from his enemies. He can also roll into a ball and gain bonus movement speed, allowing him to chase down enemies easily. The champion is expected to be released on April 22, 2021.
The new Stargazer skins will soon be released along with a few skins for the new Wild Rift Champion, Rammus.
- Stargazer Camille
- Stargazer Soraka
- Stargazer Twisted Fate
- Molten Rammus
- Sweeper Rammus
The new skins will be released throughout the patch.
These new accessories will be released along with the Stargazer skin line.
- Icons: Stargazer Endeavor, Stargazer Triumph
- Emotes: Stargazer Pengu
- Recalls: To The Stars, Cosmic Transcendence
- Baubles: Stargazer
A new event featuring the new Stargazer skin line will be released on April 15, 2021. More details will be revealed at a later date.
New Feature: 120 FPS Support
The test phase for the 120 FPS support will be added in the upcoming Wild Rift Patch 2.2a update. Keep in mind that this is only suitable for high-end phones like the OnePlus 9 & OnePlus 9 Pro, Google Pixel 5, ASUS ROG Phone 2, and Razer Phone 2.
Wild Rift Patch 2.2a: Champion Changes
The devs figured that Alistar is dealing too much damage to turrets with his 2nd skill. They reduced the damage of the skill for turrets.
2nd Skill: Headbutt
- Damage: 55/130/205/280 → 50/120/190/260
- Turret damage ratio: 150% → 75%
Blitzcrank has been slightly underperforming in the current meta. Some of his previous nerfs have been reverted to give him a bit of an edge on the battlefield.
1st Skill: Rocket Grab
- Damage: 60/120/180/240 → 80/140/200/260
2nd Skill: Overdrive
- Self-slow duration: 1.5s → 1s
Corki’s care package arrives way too fast which allows Corki an almost unlimited amount of special rockets to use. The devs changed his care package to arrive a little longer.
Passive: Hextech Munitions
- The Package arrival rate: 100s → 150s
Diana’s performance in matches is a bit lackluster compared to other melee mages like Katarina. The devs are giving her a slight buff to help her keep up with the meta.
- Base Health: 570 HP → 610 HP
Passive: Moonsilver Blade
- [NEW] After casting a spell, Diana gains 30% to 120% Attack Speed (based on level) for the next 3 attacks.
1st Skill: Crescent Strike
- Cooldown: 10/9/8/7s → 9/8/7/6s
2nd Skill: Pale Cascade
- Cooldown: 14s → 13/11.5/10/8.5s
3rd Skill: Lunar Rush
- [REMOVED] Bonus Attack Speed moved to “Passive: Moonsilver Blade”
- Minimum base damage: 150/200/250 + 35% AP → 175/225/275 + 40% AP
- Maximum base damage: 300/400/500 + 70% AP → 350/450/550 + 80% AP
The crazy doctor is having way too much fun snowballing after he gets his Sunfire Aegis item. The devs are tuning him down to give players a slight fighting chance.
- Attack Damage: 64 → 58
- Health: 690 HP → 650 HP
- Armor: 45 → 40
- Duration: 5s at all ranks → 3/3.5/4/4.5s
The devs felt that Galio broke the meta too much. They will tone him down and keep him close to average to prevent Galio from breaking the meta too much.
- Health: 610 HP → 570 HP
Passive: Colossal Smash
- Cooldown: 5/4/3s at level 1/5/9 → 5/4.5/4s at level 1/5/9
- Base damage: 15 to 225 (based on level) → 15 to 190 (based on level)
1st Skill: Winds of War
- Percent HP damage per AP ratio: 2% → 1.5%
2nd Skill: Shield of Durand
- Cooldown: 15/14/13/12s → 18/17/16/15s
- AP ratio: 60% → 45%
3rd Skill: Justice Punch
- Dash range: 6.5 → 5.75
The devs felt that Leona needs a bit of help in being viable in the meta. The shiny tank will receive a slight cooldown reduction to help her spam more skills.
1st Skill: Shield of Daybreak
- Cooldown: 6s → 5s at all ranks
3rd Skill: Zenith Blade
- Cooldown: 13/12/11/10s → 12/10/8/6s
The devs are giving Pantheon a slight buff to help him carry the early game.
- Attack Damage: 58 → 64
- Attack Damage per level: 2.65 per level → 3.6 per level
1st Skill: Comet Spear
- Tap base damage: 55/100/145/190 → 70/110/150/190
- Charge base damage: 55/100/145/190 → 70/110/150/190
- Bonus AD ratio: 100% → 110%
- Critical strike bonus AD ratio: 150% → 165%
Shyvana is having too much utility in her. The devs are reducing his stats a little bit.
- Health: 650 HP → 610 HP
(1) Twin Bite
- Cooldown: 8/7/6/5s → 9/8/7/6s
(3) Flame Breath
- Maximum on-hit HP damage ratio: 3.5% → 3%
Tristana is currently one of the least viable marksmen in the meta. The devs are giving her a slight boost to get her back on her feet.
- Attack Damage per level: 2.65 per level → 3.6 per level
3rd Skill: Explosive Charge
- Cooldown: 16s at all ranks → 16/15/14/13s
The champion is currently one of the most reliable picks in the Jungle Lane mainly due to her having too much utility and damage. The devs are reducing her stats a bit just enough to force players into taking risks for greater rewards.
- Armor: 35 → 30
(Ult) Assault and Battery
- Cooldown: 85/65/45s → 95/75/55s
Wild Rift Patch 2.2a: Item Changes
This item gives a pretty decent stat boost despite its cheap price. The devs raised the price a bit to be on par with the item’s quality.
- Total Cost: 2850g → 3150g
This item works way too much for tanks, especially Dr. Mundo. Its damage is slightly reduced to make it more balanced.
- Base Damage: 16 to 30 → 16 to 25
- Bonus Damage HP Ratio: 1% → 0.8%
This isn’t a balance change, but rather, a bugfix.
- [BUGFIX] Fixed a bug where item cost displayed as 800g
- Cost: 500g (unchanged)
Wild Rift Patch 2.2a: Game System Changes
The devs observed that in competitive play, the laning phase is almost optional. To keep the laning phase important in the game, the devs made the following changes;
- During the first 4 minutes (previously 3 minutes), Solo (Baron) Lane and Mid Lane outer turrets gain 90 bonus Armor and Magic Resist.
- During the first 4 minutes (previously 3 minutes), all outer turrets gain additional defensive bonuses when multiple enemies are nearby:
- 2 champions in total: 10 Armor and Magic Resist
- 3 champions in total: 100 → 250 Armor and Magic Resist
- 4 champions in total: 200 → 300 Armor and Magic Resist
- 5 champions in total: 300 → 350 Armor and Magic Resist
Wild Rift Patch 2.2a: Free-to-Play Champion Rotation
- Apr 15 - Apr 21: Braum, Evelynn, Fizz, Galio, Graves, Jax, Kai’Sa, Lulu, Singed, Varus
- Apr 22 - Apr 28: Alistar, Aurelion Sol, Corki, Dr. Mundo, Fiora, Shyvana, Soraka, Xayah, Xin Zhao, Ziggs