The Pokemon Unite Beta is all set to launch for Android devices in March 2021. The highly anticipated MOBA spinoff of the popular Nintendo game was announced in June last year to much hype. Fans of the popular franchise from across the world have been eagerly waiting to play the game ever since, and it looks like the wait is finally close to being over. The Pokemon Unite Beta will offer a wide range of fan-favorite Pokemon controlled by players in a 5v5 MOBA format similar to big titles like Mobile Legends: Bang Bang and League of Legends: Wild Rift. Here are the details regarding the initial launch of The Pokemon Unite Beta this March 2021.
Pokemon Unite Beta: Details and How to Register
Pokemon Unite is the latest entry into the Pokemon Franchise, in the form of a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) game. Unlike the previous Pokemon titles, which are turn-based battles, the upcoming MOBA spinoff will feature real-time and action-packed Pokemon Battles pitting two teams of five players against each other. With the initial public beta release, the devs are hoping to catch the fan’s attention just like the runaway hit, Pokemon Go.
Pokemon Unite Release Date: When Can I Play It?
Pokemon Unite Beta will release in March 2021 in Canada. If you are not from Canada, you’re not likely to be playing Pokemon Unite any time soon.
We do not have a release date for other regions.
How to Play Pokemon Unite Beta?
As of the current situation, the game will only be available to fans from Canada. Fans from outside the region will have to wait to get their hands on the beta.
The game will also be released only on Android devices. iOS and Nintendo Switch users will have to wait a little longer until the game is ready to be deployed on other platforms.
Here are the eligibility requirements to be able to play Pokemon Unite Beta;
- The Pokémon UNITE regional beta test is open only to residents of Canada.
- Players must be at least 16 years old to participate.
- In-game progress will be reset upon the beta's completion.
- Capture or streaming of gameplay is not allowed during the regional beta test.
Use a VPN to Play Pokemon Unite Beta Outside Canada
Technically, players can use a VPN to change their region and set their google play account’s location to Canada. However, players should note that this change can only be made once a year per google play account. As an added note, the devs might ban players who use VPN to access the game.
On top of that, Google strictly warns users that you might lose access to some of your purchased apps and services. Therefore, it is not advisable to change your location using a VPN to play Pokemon Unite Beta.
However, if you understand the risks and is willing to take them, here is a step-by-step guide on how you can switch your Google Play location to Canada;
- Download a VPN. There are a wide variety of VPN apps available in the Play Store.
- Turn on your VPN and set the country of your choice.
- Open your Play Store App.
- Tap on the Menu Button and head to your Account tab.
- Look for “Country and Profiles” on the first page and switch to Canada.
- Follow the instruction provided.
- Give the app roughly 12 hours to update to its new region.
- Download Pokemon Unite Beta when it launches.
Take note that your Google Play Region will be set to Canada for a whole year. It is advisable to use a secondary Google Play account.