PUBG Mobile has been delivering innovative and exciting game modes for players to enjoy. After their release of Metro Royale, the upcoming patch will add two new game modes that players will surely enjoy.
PUBG Mobile Runic Power Game Mode
This new game mode sets players into an adventure in collecting rune fragments. These rune fragments can be used to increase their odds of earning that sweet Chicken Dinner.
Players have 3 types of runes to choose from. The Flame Rune, Arctic Rune, and Wind Rune. Players can only choose one of these runes in every match.
Players can then harness the power of these runes to gain advantages in the match. The two types of abilities for each rune, summoning, and boost skill. The abilities consume rune energy so players will have to scavenge for rune fragments in the map to recharge their runes and use their special abilities.
The abilities of each rune are as follows;
- Summon skill - Summons a wheel of flame that rolls forward slowly, dealing burn damage to enemy players it touches.
- Boost skill - Adds a burning effect to your Ammo for a short time.
- Summon skill - Summons an ice wall. Each block of the ice wall can be destroyed separately. When the ice wall appears, it will lift up players or vehicles directly above them.
- Boost skill - Adds a freezing effect to Ammo for a short time. Freezing reduces the effectiveness of healing.
- Summon skill - Summons a semi-transparent shield of wind that reduces the damage of bullets shot from outside the shield.
- Boost skill - Increases your movement and reload speed.
This new game mode will be available from Jan. 12 until March 7. Don’t miss out on this new experience in playing the game.
Power Armor Game Mode
This new game mode gives players unique armors that enhance their abilities on the battlefield. In order to build your own power armor, you have to collect Nano Crystals and Power Armor Blueprints. This event will be live on Feb. 5, 2021.
Players will have 2 chances to respawn either themselves or their teammates in a match. Teammates can be respawned at research stations but they will respawn with basic equipment so keep an eye out for your teammates while they gear up after respawning.
There will also be Matrix Events that will be available for players during each match. These Matrix events will give players various advantages that they can use to outplay their enemies.
The Matrix Event has 3 phases. Here is what the events offer;
- Matrix Event 1: Improved regional supply output.
- Matrix Event 2: Multiple Matrix airdrops and significantly increased supplies in each airdrop.
- Matrix Event 3: Life Detectors in research stations are activated and can be used to detect surrounding players.
These new game modes are just the tip of the iceberg. There will be more surprises for PUBG Mobile in the upcoming months so keep your eyes peeled for more updates.
You can visit the official PUBG Mobile page to know more about patch 1.2 for the game.