Wild Rift’s launch in Southeast Asia was a huge success. It has garnered the support of many gamers, whether it be veteran PC League of Legends fans or new players who jumped into the hype train. Recently, players have noticed that there is a limit to how much FPS you can have in the game, even for flagship phones that support 120 FPS. Tech-savvy gamers have found a way to bypass this limitation, allowing players to have 90 to 120 FPS on Wild Rift, depending on their device.
How to Unlock 90/120 FPS in Wild Rift?
Technology has tremendously evolved these past few years. Flagship phones are already capable of handling high refresh rates allowing their users to enjoy a very smooth mobile game experience. Most low-end phones can handle 90 FPS, while high-end phones can go up to 120 FPS and more.
Wild Rift currently doesn’t officially support 90 to 120 FPS, but there is a way to bypass this limitation. Just like Team Fight Tactics (TFT) mobile, you can go beyond 60 FPS by editing the game files. You’ll be able to play at higher frame rates. No root is required, no apps need to be downloaded except Wild Rift itself.
Before proceeding, make sure to set your game graphics settings to the lowest possible settings so your phone doesn’t overheat.
Steps in how to unlock 120 FPS;
- Plug your phone into a Desktop Computer to access your phone’s internal storage.
- Locate your game files folder. It’s usually in the internal storage under
- Go to the folder Android > data > com.riotgames.league.wildrift > files > SaveData > Local
- There should be two folders with numbers as the file name. Find the folder that contains only the “Setting” file.
- Copy the “Setting” file and paste it on your desktop.
- Open the file called "Settings" with a text editor of your choice. Notepad also works.
- Find the text line that says "frequencyMode":false/true,"
- Replace (false/true) with a one-digit number of your choice, here are the corresponding numbers for each frame settings:
0 - 30 FPS
1 - 60 FPS
2 - 90 FPS
3 - 120FPS
Example: I want to unlock my frames to 120 FPS, so I change the text to "frequencyMode":3
- Save the file
- Copy it back and overwrite the “Setting” file.
- Play the game and test it.
Keep in mind that this only works on phones that support 90 to 120 FPS. If your phone doesn’t support frames above 60, you will only get around 61 to 65 FPS.
You have to keep editing the file every time you launch the game because the game overwrites the file, but you can use the app called "Tasker" and make a widget that replaces the file every time you launch your game.
What is Frame Rate?
Frame rate (expressed in frames per second or FPS) is the frequency (rate) at which consecutive images called frames appear on a display.
A higher frame rate means you’ll see animations smoothly, allowing you to have more accuracy in the game. Having a high frame rate is an advantage. It is important to consider when playing video games that require accuracy and good timing.