Valorant 2.08 patch notes are officially out and here is a look at what is changing in this new update. The highlight of the Valorant 2.08 patch notes is the new Breeze map which boasts of long sightlines and open spaces. It is the first map addition of 2021. The new patch does not feature a new agent and the next new agent will be added to the roster in Episode 3. Valorant’s 2.08 patch notes do not include any balance changes to weapons or agents. Players who want to try out the new map will be able to queue into a Breeze-only playlist for the next two weeks.
Valorant 2.08 Patch Notes – New Map
The game just received its first map of 2021. The map will not be available in the usual Unrated and Competitive queues for two weeks. However, there will be a separate Breeze-only Unrated queue that players can try out to experience the new map. This queue will only be active for two weeks. During this two-week period, Breeze will not be available in the standard Unrated or Competitive queues. Following this period, the Breeze-only queue will be disabled and Breeze will then become available in the existing Unrated and Competitive queues.
Breeze will also be available in the standard queues for Deathmatch, Spike Rush, and Escalation as well as Custom games.
Valorant 2.08 Patch Notes – Coach Slots
Coach slots have been added to Tournament Mode Custom Games. Here is what the new Coach slot feature does:
- Coaches can spectate Tournament Mode games and are locked to observing the team chosen in the custom game lobby.
- Coaches cannot use Map Pings, Team Chat, or Voice Chat in-game.
- Coaches can use All Chat and Party Chat to allow for cases where they may need to communicate with a Tournament Moderator.
- Coaches can pause a match in cases where that functionality is allowed to players.
Valorant 2.08 Patch Notes – Quality of Life Changes
- Weapon drop sounds have been added to HRTF.
Valorant 2.08 Patch Notes – Social Updates
- Reporter Feedback has been added into the game. Players will get reports when disruptive players are actioned on.
- Warnings are now enabled for first-offenders.
- Wild Rift players will now appear on the social panel
There are also some bug fixes that have been deployed for Killjoy, Astra, Brimstone and Viper as well as other miscellaneous fixes.