Valorant’s patch notes for 2.08 are not out yet but Riot Games has already given us a rundown of what to expect from the next major content update. We already know everything that is coming to the game in Valorant’s patch 2.08 except the balance changes which are unknown so far. The highlight of the upcoming patch is the new map ‘Breeze’, which is a welcome addition as the game currently has just five maps. The game is also adding new skin bundles and a battle pass as part of Act 2 Episode 3. Here is a quick rundown of what you can expect from the patch notes of Valorant’s 2.08 update.
Edit: Riot Games has released the full notes for Patch 2.08 which has been added below.
Valorant Patch Notes 2.08: Full Notes
You can find the full patch notes for 2.08 below.
Introducing the newest map, Breeze, to the VALORANT map pool. Breeze is set on a remote island distinguished by its bright, playful, and colorful environment, with wide open spaces and opportunities for long range encounters.
- Breeze will launch alongside a Breeze-only Unrated queue that will remain active for two weeks
- More details on this queue can be found in the Competitive Updates section below.
- Added a Breeze-only Unrated queue for those who want to grind our new map
- Breeze will also be available in the standard queues for Deathmatch, Spike Rush, and Escalation as well as Custom games.
- This queue will only be active for two weeks. During this two week period, Breeze will not be available in the standard Unrated or Competitive queues. Following this period, the Breeze-only queue will be disabled and Breeze will then become available in the existing Unrated and Competitive queues.
GAME SYSTEM UPDATES
- Coach slots have been added to Tournament Mode Custom Games
- We’re very excited to introduce Coach slots to Tournament Mode games! This is only the beginning of our work on Coaches, and while functionality will be limited to start, we have plans to expand the capabilities available to coaches during a match. We look forward to evolving the role of coaches and working on this feature in partnership with coaches from the VCT ecosystem.
- Coach slots Current Functionality:
- Coaches can spectate Tournament Mode games and are locked to observing the team chosen in the custom game lobby.
- Coaches cannot use Map Pings, Team Chat, or Voice Chat in-game.
- Coaches can use All Chat and Party Chat to allow for cases where they may need to communicate with a Tournament Moderator.
- Coaches can pause a match in cases where that functionality is allowed to players.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- We've heard your requests (and where they came from)! Weapon drop sounds have been added to HRTF.
- Reporter Feedback has been added into the game
- Those of you who make reports against disruptive players that get actioned on will now be notified.
- Thanks for helping make VALORANT a better place for everyone and keep those reports coming :)
- Warnings are now enabled for first-offenders who need to be reminded of the in-game code of conduct. No excuses for bad behavior now!
- Wild Rift players will now appear on the social panel
- Fixed Killjoy’s Turret and Alarmbot icons disappearing when disabled
- Fixed Astra and Brimstone’s smokes from blocking flashes even when you are not fully inside them
- Fixed Viper’s Toxic Screen going longer than intended when it passed through the teleporter on Bind
- Fixed Viper’s Poison Cloud pickup distance being 200 instead of the intended 400
- Improved performance of Astra’s Nebula VFX on low settings
- Fixed a bug where, in Spike Rush, picking up the weapon upgrade orb with the Operator equipped would cause you to lose your Operator and receive nothing to replace it
- Now, you will keep your Operator, and will be granted a random secondary slot weapon.
- Fixed a bug that was causing rank icons to disappear in Match History
- Fixed a bug that was causing Act Rank badges to show up on map loading screens in non-competitive modes
Valorant Patch Notes 2.08: New Episode 2 Act 3 Battle Pass
There will be a new battle pass which will be available when patch 2.08 lands on April 27. You can purchase it for 1,000 VP to earn the premium rewards or go for the free rewards that are available to all players. Here are the cosmetics that you can earn from the battle pass:
- Lightwave Frenzy and 3 Variants
- Lucky Rabbit Buddy
- Lobster? Spray
- Bloodline Card
- Paul’s Pizza Party Card
- Lightwave Phantom (Level 25)
- Depths Vandal (Level 45)
- Songsteel (melee)
- Mementos Pt. 1 Card
- Knife Fight Card
- Dan the Penguin Buddy
- Get Carried Buddy
- Ancient Mysteries Revealed Buddy
- This is Also Also Fine Spray
- Dabbing Dan Spray
Valorant Patch Notes 2.08: New ‘Breeze’ Map
Valorant’s patch notes 2.08 includes a brand-new map that will feature long sightlines and open areas. The map is a remote island located somewhere within the southern part of the BERMUDA TRIANGLE. Featuring a bright, playful, and colorful environment with wide-open spaces and opportunities for long-range encounters. The map will be available to all players on April 27. Here are the key highlights of the new map which was originally called ‘Foxtrot’ in leaks. Here is what you can expect from the map:
- Long Range engagements
- Large open spaces
- Wide choke points
- Important territory control
Valorant Patch Notes 2.08: New Skin Bundles
There will be multiple skin bundles that will be available as part of Act 2 Episode 3 but here is what you can expect in the upcoming patch. A new Forsaken skin bundle is launching which reads reads “wear the remnants of the exiled Sovereign, the banished and corrupted Forsaken.”
Here are the weapons receiving skins as part of the collection:
- Forsaken Ritual Blade (melee)
Here are all the cosmetic upgrades that you can unlock:
- Level 1: Model with custom ADS reticle and custom bullet ejectables
- Level 2: Custom muzzle flash VFX and fire audio; idle gem effect (gem swirls)
- Level 3: Custom equip VFX/Audio (cracks appear); custom reload VFX/Audio (cracks appear); custom inspect audio; gem reacts on kill
- Level 4: Kill Banner and Finisher
- Level 5: Chroma with gold model and blue VFX. Finisher and Kill Banner are themed based on Sovereign skin
The cost of the bundle is set at 7,100 VP.
Valorant Patch 2.08: Release Date
Valorant patch 2.08 is scheduled to launch on April 27.