Valorant’s Patch 2.07’s details are finally out with Riot Games not making too many significant changes to the meta except for some tweaks to the game’s latest agent. For everyone who was disappointed with the game’s latest agent Astra, we have some good news for you. She received some great changes in Valorant’s Patch 2.07 which should make her feel more viable. Raze and Viper also got some bug fixes and minor changes but nothing too drastic to affect their viability. Here is everything you need to know about the Valorant Patch 2.07.
Valorant Patch 2.07: Agent Changes
Here are all the agent changes included in Valorant patch 2.07. There are some major tweaks to Astra this patch while Raze and Viper get quality of life changes and bug fixes.
Astra gets a quick boost this patch focused on removing a counterintuitive rule where her Gravity Well doesn’t affect those defusing the Spike Riot wants to try and keep the game’s ability interactions as consistent and easy to learn as possible and allow you to explore ways to leverage Agent abilities without running into unexpected walls.
Riot thinks the Valorant patch 2.07 update can create some interesting interactions post-plant where enemies try to bait out the Gravity Well and play around its cooldown. Riot will also be keeping an eye on her new post-plant impact overall.
- Now pulls Agents that are defusing the Spike
- If they are pulled out of defuse range, the defuse will be interrupted
There was a bug that involved Marshal shots not killing enemies that had taken 50 decay. Riot Games discovered a bug tied to the way the game determines if taking damage should be lethal on decayed targets with armor at specific health breakpoints. The bug has been addressed in Valorant patch 2.07.
- Fixed a bug when calculating if damage taken while decayed should be lethal for players with armor.
- Most noticeably, this was causing Marshal shots when the target was decayed 50 to reduce the enemy to 1 health instead of killing them.
Similar to Jett’s Tailwind, Riot Games has added a sound attached to Raze as she flies through the air that should help you better track her movement, and give you some heads up that danger might be on the way. Riot Games has also tweaked the ability VFX, in an attempt to reduce how much they obscure combat when exploding on the battlefield.
- Audio cues added to indicate when she’s boosted in the air from Blast Pack
- Explosion and Showstopper launching VFX updated so they are less obscuring and clear out of the play space faster
Valorant Patch 2.07 Quality of Life Changes
- Improved feel of ping wheel selection tool; this should now feel more predictable to use
- Cypher Tripwires now display to Observers with associated team color
Valorant Patch 2.07 Bugfixes
Fixed an issue where spectators and observers could sometimes see incorrect aim vectors for scoped-in sniper rifles when switching between views. The incorrect view would settle to the correct position over about 1 second. The correct view now immediately shows.
Valorant Patch 2.07 Agent Changes
Yoru can no longer plant the Spike after using Gatecrash while his Dimensional Shift is active
- Fixed an unintended dome in the sky that Astra saw if she came out of Astral form while Omen is ulting
- Fixed a bug where placing Killjoy’s turret next to Sage’s Barrier Orb would sometimes break it
- Cypher can no longer place Spycam in Cyber Cage projectiles
- Fixed issue where Killjoy’s disabled Alarmbots would chase far away targets that ran by them when it was re-enabled
- Fixed issue where Skye’s Guiding Light appeared to go underground when thrown directly down
Valorant Patch 2.07 Competitive Changes
- Fixed various localization issues with the server selector and the promotion screen
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Match History filter to function incorrectly
When viewing a friend’s Match History, it’s possible to get an error message as the result of viewing too many filters too quickly. This limit is in place to help with performance, but should only happen when viewing a friend’s career.