How to check your Valorant ELO is a question that gets asked a lot in the community but Riot Games’ complicated MMR system makes knowing your true rating very difficult. In addition to the MMR you see in-game, Riot Games also uses a hidden MMR system in Valorant to denote your true skill. A developer was able to crack through this system and lets you check your Valorant ELO. If you want to know how to check your Valorant ELO, here is a quick look at how to use a handy developer tool and find your true hidden MMR. It is unknown how long this method will be effective as Riot Games may change its MMR calculation systems which might render this tool inaccurate in the future.
Is Using Valorant Rank Checker Safe
If you want to know how to check your Valorant ELO, you have to use the Valorant ELO Checker app which is a stream overlay that has been around for months. The Riot Vanguard anti-cheat does not flag the app and so far, there have been no complaints from Riot’s end. The code is open-source and is viewable by anyone to look for potential exploits.
How to Check Your Valorant ELO
Now that you are ready to find out how to check your Valorant ELO, download the Valorant Rank Checker app directly from the official GitHub repository.
- Head to the folder location of your downloads.
- Right-click on the ValorantRankChecker.zip file and click on Extract Files.
- Double Click on ValorantStreamOverlay.exe
- If the app requires you to download .NET Core, click on the official link and download the app from Microsoft.
- After .NET CORE is installed right-click on the app and click on Settings. (Download the x86 version)
- After you put in your details, click on APPLY.
- You can set the refresh timer to 30 seconds or 60 seconds, either option is safe.
- Close the App.
- Start the app again.
- You should now see your Valorant ELO again.
Now that you know how to check your Valorant ELO, here is a quick explanation of how the app works. The UI will show multiple numbers and your rank. On the left side of the screen, you will see your rank. In our example, it is Silver 2. The RP shown is the number of points you have in your current rank. In the image, it shows we have 31 points in Silver 2. Each rank requires 100 points according to Riot Games.
Your ELO is a self calculated number and there is no system in Valorant that tells players their ELO. The app uses an estimate based on the 100-point rank scale. It shows the total number of points earned. Finally, the score for the three most recent games you played is also shown by the app. Wins have a “+” sign while losses have a “-“ sign to show if you gained or lost ELO.