- Valve implements changes to The Battlepass to allow players to unlock more levels quicker.
- Wagering Rewards, Guild Contract Rewards and Sideshop Gold have all been increased by a large margin with the new changes.
Following the release of the Battle Pass, the Dota 2 community has been complaining about the difficulty of gaining levels in The International 10 Battle Pass. Players have stated that it is harder to obtain levels compared to previous Battle Passes and that players will have to drop in a lot of extra money to realistically obtain any of the exclusive cosmetics in this Battle Pass.
A few have even remarked stating that the Battle Pass is “a glorified in-game shop” where players are forced to “pay to play”.
Valve has responded to this by stating that they have noticed the complaints and are hence implementing a few changes to the Battle Pass.
“We've read feedback from the community that leveling feels harder this year. We looked into how things compare so far to last year. For battle pass players of all levels, on average players have earned 1.95% more free levels than last year. If we consider only players who after a week were below level 200, on average they have earned 7.91% more free levels than last year. However, we recognize that players still feel that they wish playing granted more, so we have a few changes included in this update:
- Wagering battle point rewards are now increased by 50%
- Guild contract battle point rewards are now increased by 100%
- Sideshop gold for Recycling is increased by 65%
- Sideshop gold for Guild contracts and upgrades are increased by 100%
All these changes are effective as of this update. For sideshop gold earned through previous recycles, we will be granting the extra gold over the next few hours.”
Overall this should increase the number of levels you can gain from the Battle Pass by just playing them. Of course, this kinda impacts the video we released yesterday on how to level up the International 10 Battle Pass.
However, Valve’s changes don’t really impact the video that much, except maybe grant an additional 10 levels. Besides, you could still try your luck with the 2x Battle Passes we're giving away to our viewers.