- Valve announced that the International 10 will be postponed but the Battle Pass will be released in a few days
- Valve employee has confirmed that the Battle Pass will not last for a long duration.
- This suggests that two Battle Passes will be released or that the Battle Pass will only be released in August or September.
After Valve revealed that The International 10 was going to be postponed but that they will be releasing the Battle Pass in a few days anyway, many speculated that this will be one long Battlepass extending right until TI10 takes place.
However, that seems to not be the case. In a Reddit post, Valve employee /u/cameron_dev confirmed that the Battle Pass will not be that long.
“The battle pass will last roughly the same amount of time as the previous ones.”
Over the last few iterations of the Internationals, the Battle Pass has usually lasted for 3-4 months. This means that two possibilities are extremely likely for The International 10 Battle Pass.
- Two Battle Passes for The International 10 will be released: One in the next few days, one right before the International.
- Only one Battle Pass will be launched, (in a later date in August or September) to prepare for The International 10 held in 2021.
No matter when it is released, we’re sure Dota 2 fans across the world will be quite excited for the Battle Pass. While Valve cannot expect its previous record $34 Million Prize Pool to be eclipsed, the Dota 2 community can be expected to put up a significant amount this year as well.