One of the Philippines’ most experienced captains Kenneth "Flysolo" Coloma has just accused Lowkey Esports of non-payment of salaries for over four months, calling them a great scammer. The player also confirmed that the team has disbanded as a result of this issue.
In an exclusive statement to AFK Gaming, the Filipino Dota 2 player clarified his allegations as below:
- Flysolo and his teammates met with Lowkey Esports in the Philippines when the organization was looking for a Dota 2 roster.
- Contracts were signed between the two parties in August 2019.
- The team stayed in and competed from a bootcamp.
- Salaries were paid for the first two months only after which the organization claimed that they needed a bank account in the Philippines to continue making payments
- Lowkey Esports sent a Cheque for the due payments in December 2019. However, this cheque bounced.
- The team disbanded after losing motivation because of what had happened.
Flysolo is currently looking for a new team, as a result.
AFK Gaming has not been able to independently verify these allegations. Lowkey Esports was not immediately available for comment.
It should be noted that Lowkey Esports has also been previously accused of not paying several of their teams including rosters in PUBG, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Rainbow 6 Seige, Rocket League, CS:GO, Overwatch and League of Legends. A report by TheScoreEsports, published in January 2020, states that the organisation owes more than USD 120,000 in late payments and fees.