Valve dropped a huge surprise for the CS:GO users by adding 3 new music kits along with a new sticker capsule. The 50 MB update brought with it ‘The Hades Music Kit’ as part of a cross-promotion with Supergiant Games, owners of the popular action role-playing game ‘Hades’ which is available on Steam. Apart from this 2 other music kits were also launched for CS:GO - ‘The Lowlife Pack’ by Neck Deep and ‘CHAIN$AW.LXADXUT’ by Scarlxrd, both of these can be purchased in-game. The final drop was a ‘Poorly Drawn Sticker Capsule’, which is actually a collection of poorly drawn stickers made by HH110011HH and Hoxton.
Valve releases 3 music kits for CS:GO
Valve has dropped 3 music kits, 2 of which can be purchased by anyone in-game, while the last one is a promotional music kit that can only be acquired by players that meet certain criteria. The 3 music kits and respective information about them is as follows,
- ‘The Hades Music Kit’ has been released by Valve for CS:GO and is a cross-promotion with Supergiant Games, the developers of the wildly popular action role-playing game ‘Hades’ which released for Steam on Dec 10, 2019.
This music kit will only be available to those players that own Hades through Steam and have acquired a total playtime of 5 hours or more, similar to the Halo Music Kit and Half-Life: Alyx Music Kit. Also, this particular music kit is not available in StatTrak.
Darren Korb - American songwriter and composer who also worked on Hades said the following about the Hades Music Kit, “Sure, you might miss a shot from time to time, but what never misses is this blood-pumping Music Kit straight from the Underworld of Hades, Supergiant's rogue-like dungeon crawler.”
- The remaining music kits, ‘The Lowlife Pack’ by Neck Deep and ‘CHAIN$AW.LXADXUT’ by Scarlxrd, can both be purchased in-game. Currently on the Steam Community Market prices for these music kits are as follows,
The Lowlife Pack - $5.5 USD
The Lowlife Pack (StatTrak) - $8.8 USD
CHAIN$AW.LXADXUT - $5.5 USD
CHAIN$AW.LXADXUT (StatTrak) - $8.8 USD
Valve releases a new sticker capsule for CS:GO
Along with the music kits, Valve also dropped a ‘Poorly Drawn Sticker Capsule’ which is legit a collection of shabbily drawn stickers by HH110011HH and Hoxton. Despite their kiddish shape and style, these are quite popular within the community and the developers have always used a similar drawing as the display picture of CS:GO’s official Twitter account.
The capsule consists of the following 10 stickers in both Paper and Holo quality,
- Poorly Drawn Ava - $0.17 USD | Holo - $1.73 USD
- Poorly Drawn Balkan - $0.17 USD | Holo - $2.77 USD
- Poorly Drawn Bloody Darryl - $0.21 USD | Holo - $1.53 USD
- Poorly Drawn Chicken - $0.46 USD | Holo - $6.22 USD
- Poorly Drawn FBI - $0.19 USD | Holo - $1.16 USD
- Poorly Drawn IDF - $0.16 USD | Holo - $1.08 USD
- Poorly Drawn Leet Crew - $0.17 USD | Holo - $1.01 USD
- Poorly Drawn Number K - $0.28 USD | Holo - $2.41 USD
- Poorly Drawn SAS - $0.17 USD | Holo - $1.40 USD
- Poorly Drawn T - Agent - $0.41 USD | Holo - $3.10 USD
Note: All the prices listed above have been taken from the Steam Community Market.