It would be an understatement to say that the release of League of Legends: Wild Rift in Southeast Asia has been successful. The game has received an incredibly warm welcome from its fans, players, and esports organizations who are hopping into the mobile MOBA.
Wild Rift is Riot Game’s new outlook of their famous 5v5 Moba game on PC but built for the convenience of mobile and console. With it’s easy to use controls and fast-paced gameplay, players of different skill levels will surely enjoy it along with their friends or random players from all over the region.
Wild Rift Pentaboom Showdown Announcement
In celebration of this wonderful milestone, Riot Games announced “League of Legends: Wild Rift Pentaboom Showdown,” a star-studded showmatch for a good cause.
Under the hands of official event organizer IO Esports, the League of Legends: Wild Rift Southeast Asia Pentaboom Showdown will feature 8 teams of 5 fan-favorite content creators and personalities from different Southeast Asian countries such as Cambodia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Participating teams will compete for a prize pool of $66,500 USD, in prize money, as well as bragging rights to lay claim to being the strongest Wild Rift team in the region.
On top of the prize pool, Riot Games Southeast Asia has stated that they will donate $60,000 USD to several charities including Room to Read (Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Vietnam), Openminds Project (Thailand), Beyond Social Services (Singapore), Passerelles Numeriques (the Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam) and Wing Melaka (Malaysia).
“It’s been a long time coming, but we couldn’t be more thrilled to celebrate that League of Legends: Wild Rift is now open for our players in Southeast Asia,” said Justin Hulog, General Manager for Riot Games SEA, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau. “With this charity showmatch, we want to end 2020 on a high note by giving back, and engaging our players with a fun and entertaining show featuring some of their favorite personalities across the region,”
The event will broadcast live in Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Burmese, English, Khmer, Tagalog, Thai, and Vietnamese on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitch, and will feature prominent personalities including:
- Chea Gaming, Henaa Gaming, Prom Official ML, and T26.haha from Cambodia
- Cindy Gullla, Dylan PROS, GOGOGOY, Jess No Limit, and VY Gaming from Indonesia
- Fredo Sameon, Harris Annuar, Ismail Izzani, Soloz, and XK Penjahat from Malaysia
- Ace Gaming, GuGu, I C E I C E, Original Matt Channel, and NX Live from Myanmar
- Alodia Gosiengfiao, Ashley Gosiengfiao, Dexie Diaz, James Reid, and Megan Young from the Philippines
- Danial Ron (TITAN GAMERS), Nathan Hartono, Ryan Tan (Night Owl Cinematics), Sezairi and Vincent Sin (TITAN GAMERS) from Singapore
- Dx Channel, Frozenkiss, JAI RAW, and May Pitchanart from Thailand. A final participant will be announced in December!
- ADN Đấng YM, Bé Chanh Gaming, Milona, Misthy and Msuong from Vietnam
More details of the event can be found on the tournament’s official website.